I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Lemsko, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 6 days 15 hours ago #78584

I love the lunchy picts.

What did you do today? 6 days 1 hour ago #78587

My themed racers 😁

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, EddyCH, GToddC5

What did you do today? 2 days 6 hours ago #78607

Cleaned some Javelin parts and rebuilt the diff's

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple

What did you do today? 2 days 2 hours ago #78610

I fond of the javelin.

What did you do today? 1 day 17 hours ago #78611

This week-end was busy. Yesterday I build a gaming computer for my son instead of working on my cars, and today there was another vintage event at about one hour and half drive from home...

I was there at 9 this morning with my son to set the my stand...

There was two track, one with carpet and some very wild jumps for 1/10 (you can see it in the back ground of one the two pictures of my stand), and another one bigger, more old fasion with a table, and a few jumps looking more acceptable for vintage cars than the ones on the smaller track...

My son was there without cars  and juts the camera this time... I started runs on the smaller track with the Ninja, first with some very timid jumps...

Then with a few more laps, I started to get over optimistic...

I took the picture at the end of the day, but I guess I will have to reprint some rims :-) (they broke at the same place than original ones, and it is not really surprising, and I did not broke anything else - which is good).

I also ran the Lunchbox, Turbo Optima and Hilux without damages... And the PETG parts of the Hilux seems quite resistant...

We left early as my son was quite impatient to run his new gaming machine... Which allowed me to do the cleaning and to put the stuff beck in place. Not other damage than the Ninja rim, and I will need to inspect the Tomahawk combo as two faulty sensor cable one after the others seems to indicate another problem...
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, EddyCH, GToddC5

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 1 day 16 hours ago #78612

Other pictures taken by my son...

The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, EddyCH, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 day 3 hours ago #78619

Spent way too much time shimming the rear gearbox but it's spot on now, The front bumper brace was all kinds of bent and required a fair bit of hammer dolly work

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple

What did you do today? 17 hours 1 minute ago #78620

The flying cars shots are great, love it.

I had my 1st official Rallycross race saturday. Due to weather i made it to 3rd place in B-final. (People didnt show up due to the rain). My Alfa lasted only 3 laps. The ESC already had some problems. Sometimes it would shut down after me ramming objects or getting rammed. Couldnt find the error and at my home track it was running flawless for 30min the day before the race. Since i knew the ESC wasnt reliable i took my Porsche also to the track and moved the ESC-motor combo into the Alfa to be ready for the 2nd race of the day only to be failed by it. It went directly into programming mode, pressing setup button didnt make any difference. That ESC worked flawless until the day before the race. I was pretty pissed. Maybe i shouldnt drive an italian car and switch to german or japanese brand
Anyway, my Alfa was 1st to fail with esc problems. 2 more esc failures happened and you can see all of us esc failures on the podium in order of failure.

At home i opened the Alfa ESC and the whole space below the electronics was filled with fine wet sand and litte pebbles, which cause randomly shortcuts which in turn let the esc shutdown. Turned out the sand went into the esc via sensor cable plug area. Its now covered with silicone.
On the other esc i cut the signal cable from the power/setup button and the esc works again normally. If i need some pprogramming in the future i will need to solder something, but currently i dont see the need for reprogramming the esc.
If i only had that "cut the cable" idea at the race track.....

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 15 hours 44 minutes ago #78621

So much mud and wet all over the car is understanding with no waterproof esc😂. Try the vintage protect version. The rubber balloon on all the eletro parts. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.