Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 weeks 1 day ago #78538

Thanks Flo!

This one is actually a ta01 but notice the brand new ta02 chassis . 😁
Also going to use different shocks to make it a ta02t. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 weeks 1 day ago #78539

Oh yes sorry Jim. I didn't see the frame it's a df frame ta01 are grey. I don't know why they did black ones for df and hummer chassis....
Keep the blue shocks because they were only for onroad ta01. Rallye ones like the delta are the classic black ones.
You could make a 190 evo ore a m3 Schnitzer🤫
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 weeks 1 day ago #78540

😎👍

What did you do today? 2 weeks 12 hours ago #78541

OK, so once again I have tripped myself up thinking I have everything I need to get going on a project only to find I have flubbed up............. LOL!

Flo- You know the brand new chassis in the bag I just spoke of for the TA02T build? Well........... I was wrong, its really a TA01 chassis (flipped over in the bag so I couldn't tell) I don't need and I don't have the TA02 chassis I thought I had and can't find anywhere. 🥳🥳

Oh Brother.

So.... I will be using the majority of TA01 parts and arms to make a combo that is closest to the 255mm WB needed for the TA02T down from the 260MM WB of the TA01. 

Why do I make things so hard on myself?? 😉

What did you do today? 2 weeks 6 hours ago #78545

Yesterday close to midnight the printer threw out the last Porsche piece. Today i was at the club and we had 6 people racing, my Alfa suffered gear failure. Still i wanted to drive and since its only 15min back to home i grabbed the Porsche.....and then it started to rain.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 2 weeks 5 hours ago #78546

OK, so once again I have tripped myself up thinking I have everything I need to get going on a project only to find I have flubbed up............. LOL!

Flo- You know the brand new chassis in the bag I just spoke of for the TA02T build? Well........... I was wrong, its really a TA01 chassis (flipped over in the bag so I couldn't tell) I don't need and I don't have the TA02 chassis I thought I had and can't find anywhere. 🥳🥳

Oh Brother.

So.... I will be using the majority of TA01 parts and arms to make a combo that is closest to the 255mm WB needed for the TA02T down from the 260MM WB of the TA01. 

Why do I make things so hard on myself?? 😉

I'll see if I have a bathtube at home next week. I'm at my daughter for week with my grand daughter.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 weeks 5 hours ago #78547

Thanks Flo

What did you do today? 2 weeks 5 hours ago #78549

😉

What did you do today? 1 week 6 days ago #78553

Tire and wheels done for the S-10..
Also started gearbox assembly  
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 week 6 days ago #78560

Not exactly today, the dust is now settled... Yesterday, I spend a nice day in Belley, during a vintage event "La Belleysanne 2014" organized by the local club. The event was 40 minutes ride from my home, and the load did not include as many cars as within Montluçon twoo weeks earlier...

I had my son with me, and while he only took his lunchbox and the Fantom to run (I'm replacing ming with a CXT Gold which I need to assemble for next vintage event with a real track, not a pacman), and he really targeted to take pictures...

We first settle our table. The organization team set a double table for us, as they know I generally come with quite a few cars...

Once the stuff was in place and lipos charging, I took the time to take pics of the other tables...

There was also an exposition part...

I took the pics early in the morning and the last empty tables were taken a bit later, but I did not thought about taking pictures... It was a lot of fun, I broke a few parts, and except the Zerda and the Wild One all the car ran quite a bit. 

And there was a few lessons learnt:
- While MJF was perfect for this, it seems than SLS did not work perfectly for the Super Wheelie suspension shaft pivot ball as they got free during a big jump... The car continued working like a charm but with a very different attitude... I may need to think about a solution for this (I have an idea in mind, easy to deal with)
- The Mitsubishi suspension with shocks is super smooth compared to the original spring of the Super Wheelie, to the point it appears easy to run fast... But I was a bit too fast and snapped a knuckle (at full speed) because I was not too much carefull... I'll replace it, and there was no other damages, although the car made a nice looping on the shock with the track side which crossed the track...
- The Hirobo Hilux with printed parts ran like a charm. And it was really amazing : while the car is short and very lively, it runs smoothly, appear well balanced on jumps and it is joy to use. And it runs quite silently with no belt skips

Again a lot of fun... I may share action shots later on (my son took a lot of pictures, and there is quite a good number of nice action shots).

EDIT : shared a lot of pictures on my facebook page in few publications. You may find them here if you have a facebook account: www.facebook.co...5214226826
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.