Keyword

TOPIC:

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62723

That's great Andy! You have summer over there these days, so the fun season is starting for you, right?

Wow, you've got some heavy bike there. Where do you ride?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62724

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62732

.. now he's getting cryptic. Well yes yes, you've got me envious now.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Last edit: by uncletom.

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69808

And another dropped in last month. My 'buggies' are getting bigger!

This fall I've managed to join a motocross/enduro club here close by, and for that I was supposed to get a proper dirtbike. Well, here it is, a 2022 KTM 350. Runs like a wild hog, too many horsepowers, and it certainly is too loud. I have to wait till summer to show it to you outside.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69809

I just noticed this thread :)

Seems I can put a picture of my actual ride

And from the ones I don't have anymore

I only put the bikes I have pictures of, anything anterior to 2000, I don't have pics of them. And there is two pics of the Daytona, the reason is that on the second one, there is also a Speed Triple which was mine as well, The one who became my wife was riding the Daytona that day... And she is riding a Street Triple that I ride time to time...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69810

Like these bikes.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69815

Wow...only now am I discovering this post! 
I see that many bikers are here...
The passion for motorcycles came to me around the age of 10. I have to say that the world of two wheels has always attracted me, even from a very young age according to my parents.
I remember when I was watching the 500 ccm 2 stroke motorcycle courses (at that time it was not called moto GP) with Kevin Schwanz, Wayne Rayney and others.... they were simply my idols.

It is from this moment that the spark has sprung in me.
The more time passed and the more pressure I put on my parents to buy me a motorcycle. As we were living in Peru in Latin America at the time, my parents bought me an old CR125 to have peace. Of course, I made friends and we used to go the sand dunes to drive around...which led us to the motocross tracks afterwards.
We used to frequent the motocross tracks for a while, but inevitably at some point injuries started to happen, my grades dropped at school and my parents tightened the screws. So no more CR for a while. The CR looked like this

Afterwards I got another RC, once my grades were better, and I continued to do cross country with friends.
Then I got down to business. At 16 I was riding a GSX-600F with my hair blowing in the wind to go to the beach (still in Peru).

My studies took me to Europe (my mother is Swiss) and I came to live with my grandparents during my studies. Of course, I studied mechanics, cars, motorcycles to finish in engineering.
Once I had the funds, I started to take the motorcycle driving license and I had to drive for two years with a 125ccm motorcycle.
Well, it was not a GSX600 but I had no choice.

After two years of riding my NSR125 (Rothmans Edition) and tightening some pistons, replacing a lot of bearings, etc. the GSX-R750 could arrive.

With my first wages I ran to buy a used GSX-R750 from the Suzuki dealer in my area.
First, it was the bike of my idol at the time, Kevin Schwanz, and the look of this bike has always been more interesting to me. I kept it for 5 years, I took my first steps on the track with it, and when I had to let it go to better places, it had 100000km on the odometer

Then in 2006 the GSX-R750 K6, bike with which I made local championships during two years. 

After 4 years of good and loyal services it was replaced by the GSX-R1000 K9
The GSX-R1000 will end its life prematurely, on the road...

Luckily I got out with a broken right index finger
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by Manotas.

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69816

From that moment on, I almost stopped driving on the road. I almost only ride circuits. I have the chance to work for motorcycle manufacturers, 16 years with Honda and since 16 months with Yamaha, which allows me not only to ride the whole range, but also to participate in circuit events and to know personalities of the motorcycle GP. 
Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of my previous bikes...at that time carrying a camera was not easy ha ha ha ha, but I have quite a few more recent ones:

Greece trip wirth the Africa Twin en 2018 (with work)

Le Castellet race track 2017

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69817

Dijon race track 2017

It had to end that way because of the rhythm of the day. I got together with my old friends from the championship and we pushed again and again.... and here we are

Result:
The bike damaged, the right arm burned but nothing serious. I fell in turn 3 in Dijon (approx. 200km/h).
Anyway, the next month the Cremona Circuit in Italy was planned....
So I had to reassemble the bike, find a new suit and the most difficult thing of all: Convince my wife that everything is ok ha ha ha

EDIT
I have tons of vids on various race tracks and I'm actually working on Youtube to publish them. I'll keep you posted.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by Manotas.

Motorcycles 2 years 4 months ago #69819

I love the nsr 125 and the gsxr
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.