Keyword

TOPIC:

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 6 months ago #62400

You should cut smaller tamiyabase stickers and sale them to members. I will be your first client. ;P

I'll be buying some as well, I know Jonny could use the funds.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 6 months ago #62402

You should cut smaller tamiyabase stickers and sale them to members. I will be your first client. ;P

I'll be buying some as well, I know Jonny could use the funds.

I don't think it would be fair for me to try and make a profit off the TamiyaBase.com name, but (pending larbut's approval) I'd imagine making a few for the TB regulars & getting postage costs & a contribution for materials would be ok?

I'd prefer to do it in one batch rather than in dribs & drabs, and in a very limited range of colours and sizes.

I'll do a little testing to see how small they can go, the upper limit would be what can go in an A4 boardback envelope.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 6 months ago #62403

I didn't think about do a profit. Only pay materials and the work. :)
:y:

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 5 months ago #62419

Very ambitious cut (14+k nodes) tyring to replicate the Model Junction (still going BTW) carrier bag from the 80s ... some evidence of a 45 degree cut across it, or it might have been a scratch.

The layout is wrong but TBH i can't remember exactly what it should be ... probably Hornby, Scalextric & other logos too. Weeding was a pain, if there's a mk.2 (very dependent on finding the correct Letraset (?) font) I'll simplify the Hotshot portion a lot.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 5 months ago #62420

Also been experimenting with TB text, these are in "Tamiyabase header green" in normal orientation for sticking to the outside of things, I also tried "mirrored" (for sticking to the inside of windscreens etc) and in plain white.

Sizes from top to bottom:

1x 568mm
1x 440mm
1x 325mm
2x 284mm
2x 244mm
3x 182mm
3x 150mm

120mm proved to be a pain to weed with a 50% fail rate, 90mm were impossible :(

Likely costs & postage rates I'll work out later :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, silvertriple

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 5 months ago #62421

Yeahhhhh. :)

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 5 months ago #62423

I like those :y:

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 5 months ago #62425

check your blade angle, you get can 30, 45 and 60 degree blades. 30 Degree is better for small work, 60 degree is also good for chrome, reflective and tougher vinyls. Also for tiny stuff, I do a kind of reverse weed sometimes. After cutting I apply the application tape and then weed away what I don't want, with the app tape holding the tiny lettering in place.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 16 hours ago #66009

The epoxy on the carriage clamp failed so I've made my own, there being no replacement available for this model (not even 3D printed) ... I had planned to file one from solid alumnium after making a styrene sheet prototype, but TBH that's working so well I don't think I'll bother - the main difference being on my version, the clamping force is at the right angle rather than 45 degrees out

Attachments:

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 3 years 15 hours ago #66010

Also been experimenting with TB text, these are in "Tamiyabase header green" in normal orientation for sticking to the outside of things, I also tried "mirrored" (for sticking to the inside of windscreens etc) and in plain white.

Sizes from top to bottom:

1x 568mm
1x 440mm
1x 325mm
2x 284mm
2x 244mm
3x 182mm
3x 150mm

120mm proved to be a pain to weed with a 50% fail rate, 90mm were impossible :(

Likely costs & postage rates I'll work out later :)

Found a trick regarding the cleaning process. It's easier to transfer the whole thing before weeding than to transfer after the weeding... It may hugely decrease your failure rate on lower size elements... Now, that being said, it may also depend the quality of the cutter (I use a Silhouette Cameo 4).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.