Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: First bit of a TamiyaFan website 11 years 5 months ago #15819

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Would a lighter background for the text solve that, Jonny?
I went a few steps already but I'm looking at 1028x768 so that might make quite the difference...

It's TamiyaWeb.com now! :cheer:
Got a new banner - who knows what mountain/vulcano it is? :)
Even if it may not exactly look that way for a million years or so 'cause I stretched the image... :whistle:

tamiyaweb.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: First bit of a TamiyaFan website 11 years 5 months ago #15824

Even if it may not exactly look that way for a million years or so 'cause I stretched the image... :whistle:

tamiyaweb.com

I was going to say Olympus Mons (on Mars) - but if you've stretched it, Fujiama?

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15825

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Indeed it is! So rep-purple Japanese skies on the banner... :)
And I think it's about 50km from Tamiya HQ. Wonder if they can see it on a clear day.

Is the contrast on higher resolution a general thing, Jon?
Does it need more contrasting colours altogether?

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15828

Indeed it is! So rep-purple Japanese skies on the banner... :)
And I think it's about 50km from Tamiya HQ. Wonder if they can see it on a clear day.

Is the contrast on higher resolution a general thing, Jon?
Does it need more contrasting colours altogether?

I'm running a 22" widescreen monitor @ 1680 x 1050 resolution, which really isn't pushing it TBH ... this site, eBay & so on use the same size font (or smaller), but it's way clearer - due to being black or dark blue on white - your black on grey, grey on grey, black on ... whatever that colour is ... puce? ... isn't working for me - the green on grey is even worse. The bold yellow in grey is clear ... but pretty ugly :sick: ;)

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15829

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Maybe it's your screen settings. :lol: ;)
It shouldn't get lost in 1680x1050 pix really, which it did a bit at high res at my friend's house.
I'll try to fiddle with the light gray at least. That'll make the biggest difference. Not a big fan of white background though...
Possibly also make the text on the dark background light (whitish) instead of black.
But tbh, it's looks kinda smooth and easy on the eyes on my screen.
Appreciate the straightforward feedback of course.

:)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: First bit of a TamiyaFan website 11 years 5 months ago #15845

Would a lighter background for the text solve that, Jonny?
I went a few steps already but I'm looking at 1028x768 so that might make quite the difference...

tamiyaweb.com

This site is pretty good work ^^ Go on sameways ;) the mountain is the fujiama (Fuji) the higest mountain of Japan lol

I belive they could see some of Fuji but not the top of them its mostly covered with clouds ^^
somewhere in Future i will be there ... :side:

HEY ! Why is Tamico not on the list of Recomented Shops ? :huh:
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Last edit: by NexusRC81.

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15847

To be honest, design-wise the site looks like it has been made 15 years ago, in the golden Geocities internet age. If you want to improve this, you can take a look at other sites for gathering ideas. There are also a lot of design tutorials and color charts on the web, which may aid you.

Content-wise, I'm glad to see all that numerous semi-vintage manuals available for download, especially those from the King Blackfoot and Bush Devil, as I'll need them for my Monster Beetle project. Keep up the good work. :)
Runner: Sand Viper , Mad Bull , BMW Z4 Hatsune Miku , Kyosho Sandmaster EZ
Project: Hot Shot, Holiday Buggy 2010 (narrowed), Monster Beetle, Super Fighter G, MINI Cooper S 2006
Retired: The Hornet
Still NIB: King Blackfoot

Last edit: by GregM.

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15848

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Thanks for the response, guys. :)

NexusRC81, Tamico doesn't ship worldwide. That's the only reason. ;)

GregM, thanks for tips. I'll have a look around for ideas and keep working on it...
Like the Fuji-san background though.
The design is still pretty basic and the "TamiyaWeb" logo even a bit childish, really.
But that last bit was done purposely for now so to not match Tamiya lettering.
Could be a bit slicker though.

:lol:

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15851

What no ... well i talk him. When its need may i could arrange some ^^
I want anyway visit the shop tomorrow
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Re: TamiyaFan website... now TamiyaWeb.com! 11 years 5 months ago #15855

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Shipping inside Germany is very interesting. If it weren't 13,50 euro to the Netherlands, I'd get a lot more stuff there.
Maybe tell them the message...

;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.