Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 12 years 5 months ago #4386

58017 Technical Data from Tamiya Canada:

After the re-release of the Hotshot (2007), we have received huge demand for re-release of the Super Shot, which was originally released in 1986. Tamiya has answered these calls and is announcing the comeback of this famous machine, which has been renamed as the Super Hotshot.

About the Model

- This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (Lightweight White Wheels: Front & Rear x 2pcs. each) will be included in Canadian releases! *Hex wheels hubs such as Item 53569
- Clamp Type Aluminum Wheel Hub (6mm Thick) are required to attach these wheels (standard resin hubs can also be used).
- The chassis features the same basic layout as the original including the shaft-driven 4WD setup.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is equipped with 4 oil dampers.
- Chassis underguard offers superb chassis protection.
- Spiked tires are mounted on gold-plated wheels.
- Polycarbonate body and rear wing.
- Full ball bearing specification.
- Comes with GT-Tuned Motor (25T).
- Kit will feature newly designed packaging.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: 58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 12 years 4 months ago #4984

Tamiya has released official images of the new Super Hot Shot, 58517:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Re: 58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 12 years 4 months ago #4992

Definitely on the 'must buy' list only thing i want now is the wild one to be re released and ill be a very happy man :)

Re: 58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 12 years 4 months ago #4995

Gotta love this car. I'd put some black shocks on it though... :whistle:

Re: 58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 11 years 11 months ago #9772

and I shall continue the restoration of the original hat I got for $100 (aussie $$$march 2012)

(cleaned most of the parts, place some orders end of this week and then start the build) (yep, will post a thread about it on here later)

Hay Ewe

58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 10 years 7 months ago #24698

When I was a kid my then best mate got a Supershot for his birthday, I was so jealous and remember begging my Dad to get me one too, however he thought it was ridiculously expensive so I had to make do with a GBP 99 - Beaties Hornet that I nevertheless absolutely treasured. However, I was always in awe of my mates Supershot which looked, handled and went so much quicker (It had the Technigold motor and an 8.4V pack) than my Hornet. Now that I am 38 and have the money i'm going to fulfill my childhood dream and buy a Super Hotshot knowing full well that i'll only run it a dozen times over the local Golf Course and then it'll go in the display cabinet.
Apart from the name, the decals and the annoying mechanical speed controllers are there any other differences to the Supershot ? Are the re release kits as well made as the originals ? Any suggestions on a colour other than Silver ? I was thinking Sky Blue or Yellow.

58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 10 years 7 months ago #24704

When I was a kid my then best mate got a Supershot for his birthday, I was so jealous and remember begging my Dad to get me one too, however he thought it was ridiculously expensive so I had to make do with a GBP 99 - Beaties Hornet that I nevertheless absolutely treasured. However, I was always in awe of my mates Supershot which looked, handled and went so much quicker (It had the Technigold motor and an 8.4V pack) than my Hornet. Now that I am 38 and have the money i'm going to fulfill my childhood dream and buy a Super Hotshot knowing full well that i'll only run it a dozen times over the local Golf Course and then it'll go in the display cabinet.
Apart from the name, the decals and the annoying mechanical speed controllers are there any other differences to the Supershot ? Are the re release kits as well made as the originals ? Any suggestions on a colour other than Silver ? I was thinking Sky Blue or Yellow.

Hello & welcome on board :)

Can't say I've owned a Super Shot or the re-release version, but I don't think you have anything to worry about in the quality department - Tamiya might have been guilty of some really lazy or boneheaded designs recently, but the actual components are just as well made as ever.

I'd be cautious about the colour - I've seen photos of the Supershot in yellow, red, gold, dark blue etc etc & it doesn't look half as good IMO. Unless you've got a really pressing need to make it more visible or stand out from other Supershots I'd be inclined to stick with silver.

Brush on polycarbonate paints are no longer available, but there are more choices of Tamiya silver than there used to be back in the day:
TS12 Silver
PS41 Bright Silver
PS48 Semi-Gloss Silver Anodized Aluminum (sic)
PS35 Translucent Silver (so you could put that on 1st & then back it with some other colour)

... and PS49 Sky Blue Anodized Aluminum (sic) - not silver but I'd be interested to see what that looks like in the flesh...

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: gruenermoench

58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 10 years 7 months ago #24710

Thanks for your reply - I will consider your colour choices and will post some pics on here when it is finished.

Last edit: by gruenermoench.

58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 8 years 1 month ago #37152

My Super Hotshot is currently waiting for a lick of paint. I've got 3 rattle cans to choose from, White, Silver and Gun Metal. I'm leaning towards Gun Metal purely because i've never seen one in that colour before.
What is the best colour to back Gun Metal up with, White or Silver ?

58517 Super HotShot (or Supershot) 8 years 1 month ago #37153

That's really my own mind but I think that the silver would be better. Sparkles would be highlighted.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.