Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11264

so not don a lot on this as ive been waiting for parts.. but they all turned up art once today

got curved scissors so i can actually finish trimming the lexan shell, and terminals for the brushless controller,

but most interesting is this:

its a stadium thunder chassis .. i actually bid on this as a whim, and got it, its brand new never been run, and as you can see it isn't standard, originally i bid on it just for shocks over to mine, as they are uprated aluminium items (for the df-03 chassis i believe), but it turns out its got a lot more hop-up parts on it, adjustable upper suspension links, uprated rear driveshafts, plus hex screws and roller bearings throughout (not sure about the gearbox, will have to split it to see) so instead of swapping over all the bits onto mine what im thinking ill do, is build my original one up with the standard motor etc, and build up this chassis with the brushless motor etc

its missing some parts, mainly small screws, but other then that complete, and was rather cheap for what i got, just need another set of wheels now

(a bit miffed that this wasn't up earlier as it would have saved me the price of the blitzer bug but ah well)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11274

Nice score! I'm a hop up man myself. :silly:
Shocks are by Yeah Racing, they're a very nice quality. :y:

I'd need to get some black springs for them as well...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11275

B)

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11276

Nice score! I'm a hop up man myself. :silly:
Shocks are by Yeah Racing, they're a very nice quality. :y:

I'd need to get some black springs for them as well...

yeah was a real score, thought they were yeah racing ones as id seen them elsewhere on a blitzer chassis, guess the black springs have a higher poundage(ounceage...)?

nice rig btw, is that a mantaray? i recognise the u-pin holding in the front arms but cant remember from what

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11279

Yep, it's a Manta Ray chassis but converted into a TA01-TA02 with on road (carbon GPM) shock towers.
And a Humvee shell (actually two) to fit on it :

It's in pieces again now, like most of my cars... :whistle:
But I've unexpectedly received some blue GPM rear knuckles so I may be tempted to hop up that one up even more. :S

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11281

nice, manta ray was another car i had a want for as a kid, i did have oen at one point.. but less said about that the better :I

what are those tyres btw? need a second set for the new chassis, and want something a bit gripper then the standard ones (id love a road set like fitted to the dyna blaster/chrome blitzer beetle but cant seem to find any)

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11284

Manta Rays shouldn't be too hard to find. ;)
I think I'll be putting a nice one on eBay soon, most likely as a roller.
Modding the first one I got about two years ago, eventually let to building three cars.

:pinch:

The tyres are 2.8" Pro-Line Dirt Hawgs, put on a (blackened) Tamiya Levant rim :

I haven't run them yet but they should be pretty awesome on all kinds of terrain. :)

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11286

Anyone on here know if the red hubs are standard for the stadium thunder or a tamiya hop-up?

might be swapping all the 'hot' parts onto mine and selling the second chassis as standard :unsure:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11287

It's not a hop up, but I think it's a sign of a vintage chassis... :y:
Maybe an original Blitzer or Bear Hawk even.
Don't know the exact details though, I'd have to dive into a few manuals...

Edit - a second glance makes me think only the bear Hawk had red knuckles. :huh:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11305

It's not a hop up, but I think it's a sign of a vintage chassis... :y:
Maybe an original Blitzer or Bear Hawk even.
Don't know the exact details though, I'd have to dive into a few manuals...

Edit - a second glance makes me think only the bear Hawk had red knuckles. :huh:

weird, who knows what this one was originally then,
i got a stadium thunder manual with it, but it has no mention of red parts,
any way of telling if a chassis is original or not? markings seem the same on my tub as this one, unless the builder just had the red parts lying around, they're in the same state as the other parts, ie unused :huh:

what I've decided to do is swap the hop up parts to my blitzer chassis bar the red parts, and build up the other one as a bear hawk or stadium blitzer or something else :P

Last edit: by Ratchet.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.