Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11311

If the chassis itself says "<ABS>" anywhere then it's not vintage...
Markings for plastic type came later.

Haha, another bit of info that came from Lars. Two topics in a row. :silly:
The following user(s) Liked this: Ratchet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11321

If the chassis itself says "<ABS>" anywhere then it's not vintage...
Markings for plastic type came later.

Haha, another bit of info that came from Lars. Two topics in a row. :silly:

ahh thanks :cheer: , yeah this one has <ABS> on it next to the tamiya logo so i guess its a repro, probably just the red parts are original or something... who knows

got the yeah racing shocks and adjustable front links fitted to my blitzer chassis anyway, still need to swap over the rear axles, and the adjustable rear links, in not so keen on how they mount though, and i have some lunsford racing titanium ones on order, which ive seen used with traxxas parts (heavy duty rod ends, still have to find the model though) and set screws instead of the ball joints so i will probably leave them for now.

Last edit: by Ratchet.

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11367

got the chassis fitted with the yeah racing shocks, needed to refill the front ones as the tops had been overtightened causing the top seals to 'fold in' (bit of a design flaw really) and all the oil decided to escape through the air hole in the top :I

chassis is a lot firmer now, so shouldn't bottom out so easily. might need to get a second set of springs if these ones turn out too firm though

also almost finished the runner shell, looks pretty good imho,

still need to detail paint it and maybe get some decals so it doesn't look so plain, i guess i need polycarbonate brush paints for it, (just to paint the door handles and side trim silver)
Attachments:

Last edit: by Ratchet.

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11427

got the window masks out of the runner shell, came out not to bad, had to touch up a few areas where the masks weren't cut all that well, used the last of the spray paint and a brush which worked out fine

Need to clean off some overspray on the outside of the shell (?) and a few bits where the paint leaked past the masks, that and do the detailing, silver for the door handles and side trim, and i will do the window rubbers in black

Other then that not to shabby, fitted the shell up to the chassis to see how it looks,

trimming isn't 100%, so i may trim a few bits, but not to bad considering i was lazy and did it mostly by eye which is harder on a clear body (i think the shell is slightly asymmetrical to begin with)

just need to get finish painting the Tamiya body and apply the decals to it, (I put it to one side while i did the runner body, as there were bits i wasn't happy with, where paint had sunk (over filled parts) and if i didn't put it to the side i would end up with three times the work once i messed it up through not leaving it to dry properly :side:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11432

Starting to take shape very nicely. :y:

Re: Mildly modified Blitzer project 11 years 9 months ago #11517

Looks like a pretty nice score on that second chassis when you were just looking for shocks! That runner body will look sharp yet simple once you get those small details painted on - pretty ideal for a runner, I suppose!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.