Keyword

TOPIC:

TA03 build thread! RestoMod official thread, Owners post all your TA03 cars! TA03RS build inside! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54446

So I have these TA03 the mailman today brought a NOS front bumper for Project RS

I acquired project RS and had no idea the treasure trove of rare and sought after hop ups that awaited. I have now bought 2 cars that come from a TA03 collector who had 5. I now have 3 myself having gotten (2) beautiful builds from England: which I continue to add to.

Still on the way is the FRP chassis kit, and the special chassis plates and I’ll take you all along the ride as I burn a hole in my pockets with these, I still want a FS platform. So far I have all but that one:

So first to continue the blue anodized sacrilege we have a peak racing motor a simple 27T but it’s pretty and matches the build and I want this all annodized !!!! LOOKING for GPM blue aluminum shock towers! Please let me know if anyone is willing to part with them.

Mail man brought my most recent 50$!!!! Ouch purchase from eBay from on over in England

Rare red belt !!! Now I need pullies and will get 16 or preferably 17, but I’m wondering if I can make a more modern platform 18T work. Chime in please!!!!

So that was also today.

I’m awaiting in order blue Tamiya C hubs and Blue GPM rear uprights, FRP conversion then I have the special CF plates additionally.

Hunting hard currently for a GPM shock tower. Blue aluminum for that build.

Then last the all colorful 90s Front Motor basher. Even tho it’s mint and has been ran once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RestoModGod.

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54448

Man! These ta03 are awesome. Congrats mate.

Re:TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54450

Thanks I’m going to continue hopping up the blue Skyline with the battery plate kit to have more aluminum and carbon I will update the build tomorrow. And I have the lower spoiler for the Taisan I plan to add. Ended up buying some tamiya brand purple shocks off eBay today!

If anyone skimming this has any knowledge I want this thread to shed light on to what the colors mean. I have all the cool original instructions which explain Blue to be the firmest of the anti sway bars. Yellow medium red softest. Can’t wait till these new shocks arrive in the mail I’ll be swapping the stock tamiya cva.

So does Anyone know which color to put in front and back ?? Any recommendations ?

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54455

If you look at the spring package on the cardboard, there is labeled Red=soft, Yellow=medium, Blue=stiff and White=extra stiff

You can also get other spring set that have different hardness, but still color coded.
Yours is the HARD set (labeled on the package)

Last time I drove any on road chasis with tuned springs, I put a tad softer springs in the front than the rear to get more steering.
I think it vary depending on FF, 4WD etc and if there is any swaybar present and which hardness they have.
Best tip I can give you is try yourself with what setup works best for you and your driving style.

Last edit: by caprinut.

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54456

Oh boy the long awaited FRP conversion for my beloved TA03RS let the build begin!!!!

Simply love that NOS 3/7/19

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 3 weeks ago #54457

The last of the old tub cars basically new still!

So after waiting ages and ages My 53886 and 53387 from Brazil as none were available in the states and the one that is the seller seems to thinks it’s worth 180$ in NJ I scored my kit for 115$ shipped not the worst and the 70.70 is the lowest for the “special chassis” TRF carbon fiber plates so a total of 186$ plus part 53261 I snagged at 38$ carbon battery plate+ the red belt at 51$ puts me at 275$ even. Which isn’t the worst then the car was 100$ a friend owed me which spiraled into a mid 30s tamiya addiction. So now at 375$ I then bought NOS 3 color sway bars which I’ll get into more. At 35$ now making it 410$ plus a 20$ bumper puts me at 430$. So far and I am still waiting on that suspension pile I ordered at 45$... so 475$. Oh and the 10$ wide rear axle kit ...485$...And I deal hunt. I didn’t pay top top dollar. It’s just not cheap to build a nice CF and Alloy NOS TA03RS. But the car has turned into my all time favorite. (I’m seeing very quickly just how lucky I was getting these 290$ long wheel base builds from England:) I still need Ball Diffs and aluminum pulleys, C hubs and rear uprights. But for now this build is at 485$!!!!
Before a ESC and radio!!!! Oh jeeze I can’t forget the rear body support I had to grab from Croatia for 20$ additionally so let’s say I’m at a cool 500$ (505$)before ball diffs and pulleys I still want :((( oh it continues as I reach in and pull out 10$ aluminum servo stays.

So I guess I pulled the trigger as I was torn to relist this on eBay unable to justify it but I just couldn’t help myself I needed to atleast build it !

So let the build begin !!!

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 2 weeks ago #54460

Perfect
The following user(s) Liked this: RestoModGod

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 2 weeks ago #54466

Thanks I’m struggling with a few things and just dremelled up the tray I used from the tub for the radio plate since space is limited

Seems the rear bulkhead also sees a swap guess I’ll have to get used to some non TRF gray plastic

Seems like I’ll need more dremel fabrication to add this rear center tab

Here she is clean as a MF all flush and on point !

Will she fit without any sanding ....

And yes it did !

Now I couldn’t use my TA03R black battery tray due to the nature of it needing the back half of the battery plastics to affix the rear gear boxes spacing needs

Now to decide the most badword swinging drift happy rear bars I opted to put the Blue firm in the rear and use the yellow medium in the back ...

Any suggestions would be great.

Fabricated the radio tray to still work with the plastic piece and it all tied together perfect here’s the result ...

Anyone know if a blue 18T tamiya pulley would work for this?

And that’s a wrap for today!!!! Blue GPM aluminum uprights coming ! And Tamiya official C hubs.

I plan to convert this build to brushless. Any recommendations I was gonna go cheap. TBLE 2 with a tamiya 16T brushless. But if I shouldn’t lmk!

And this is Project RS.... so far ... @515$ lmk about motor and speed controller recommendations I want this to scream and be max fun factor!

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 2 weeks ago #54474

Stopped by a buddies and found some Retro Yokomo firm inserts for the Rig! glueing will commence tomorrow unless firm is advised against ...?
All well guess there’s no rules with bashing firm it is... snagged an HPI ESC in my travels!

And that’s The main part of this build completed ! What a day !

And so no longer does my 3rd TA03 sit with a bathtub chassis behold Tamiya Family my new trio !

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

TA03 build thread going all out ! 5 years 2 weeks ago #54477

Woohaooo. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: RestoModGod

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.