Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20033

can you make a sketch with dimensions of the bumper, would love to make me a rere of that.

The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20166

I'm after more dimensions - forgot to ask about "j5" - the aluminium bits in the front wheels ... manual listing describes these as "10mm x 5 Aluminum Collar" ... I guess 10mm is the OD, 5mm the ID ... or the thickness?

:huh:

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20169

OD: 10 ID: 4 TH: 5 B)

the screws (c4) are the same as in the M38 plastic spare wheel
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20170

OD: 10 ID: 4 TH: 5 B)

the screws (c4) are the same as in the M38 plastic spare wheel

Ta :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20186

Still no chance of spraying anything, thanks to more snow ... nothing is anywhere near complete, but I needed to unload my camera before I forget what's what :whistle:

The M38 body that came with the Wheeler is better than the one on my Wild Willy, so it'll get swapped eventually ... in the mean time, I need to repaint the loose bits - which means stripping of the muck that was already there. Paint on the driver came off easily, spare wheel took more as it was on very thick, the jerrycan I suspect had 2K paint on it :sick:

I've always felt the open backed jerrycan was naff, so thought I'd fill it in with styrene sheet before filling & sanding back (along with all the gaps on the other bits):

Tyres & switch boot are busy soaking in glycerine:

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20187

Broken rollcage side bar has been fixed with M3 studding & Araldite...

Body is ready for paint ...

... and the wheels are ready for primer:

:)
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20197

Top work JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20471

Rollbar as arrived from waterbok ... if anyone is planning to do the same thing please make sure that the sprue you buy definitely has this bit on - the sprue from Siedel at least does not...

Drilled & tapped holes in the end as far round the bends as I dared, then superglued bits of M3 studding in...

If's amazing how bad something can look the first time you get some paint on it - I thought I'd get away with the marks on the uprights, but now they look like huge gouges ... pinholes etc on crossbar were all but invisible.

More filler...

Wheel spacers I made from styrene sheet...

Also painted the Wild Willy M38 driver body (and the spare I've had for a while) ... I'm thinking I'd rather have down the whole harness in red, as it is, black with the small red bits looks a bit too "Hermann Goering's dress uniform" for me :blink:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #20473

funny, i got the rollbar on a sprue from Seidel. :huh: I got two of those from the first batches, maybe tamiya removed them later on. (the rollbar is not included with the Jimny and T2 shells)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20558

Masking the 1st M38 Helmet didn't work out that well, so I redid it freehand & tidied it up with Kyosho line tape...

Wheeler bodywork has had two coats of slightly off white (VW Alpine White) & still looks about the same in the photos :whistle:

Wheels have also have primer, off white colour & clear coats...

The "shelf" set I expected to turn out pretty well, but I'm pleased with the rescuing I did on the spare set :)

Before & after:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.