Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20741

:y: thanks for the list was working on that myself.

No problem, but remember that list is for the wheeler ... I did keep the list of fasteners for the M38 LWB, but I can only think it got corrupted by an incomplete sort as it makes no sense whatsoever. :pinch:

I guess the part descriptions will be the same, but quantities on some will be different.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20742

Last bits of painting are done ... IDK, it seems an awful lot of work just to make things look like old but unused white injection moulded plastic :whistle:

Metal bits & gear cases have had all the damage sanded off & been polished with autosol or Novus as appropriate . I just have a bit of soldering to do & then I should in theory be ready to put the chassis back together ...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20757

Wheeler seems to have a excessive number of bags, boxes & blisters that need faking to organise all the bits for the rebuild...

Front end & radio bits in...

Reduction gearbox done ...

Diff casing; the only thing of note here was having to take a tiny bit off the diameter of the idler gear shaft to get the bearings to fit - I just whizzed it up in a drill & tickled it with 400 grit wet & dry paper ...

Chassis done:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20758

Final bit of bodywork done ... I think it turned out quite nicely in yellow :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20761

Hello gorgeous, that is one fine Wheeler.
Love it that you did the number five.

B)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20762

That my friend, is one very nice Wheeler restoration :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 3 weeks ago #20769

Excellent work JR, as usual :y: :y:

The yellow colour sheme looks awesome !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 2 weeks ago #20921

Thought I'd post a few pics of the M38 I plan to rebuild & possibly improve with the leftovers from the wheeler auction ... there's nothing really wrong with it, the only thing missing is the left inside wheelarch, it's just that I rebuilt it as a runner in 2008 & my standards have gone up a bit since then - the brushpainted wheels & body don't seem quite up to par now ...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 2 weeks ago #20924

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Amazing Wheeler. I didn't know this car. It is very fun I love it.

Small question: The rear arms are not the same than the clod buster ones???
"comme d'habitude" JR you made a fabulous work

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 2 weeks ago #20983

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Amazing Wheeler. I didn't know this car. It is very fun I love it.

Small question: The rear arms are not the same than the clod buster ones???
"comme d'habitude" JR you made a fabulous work

Thanks stingray - I'm pleased with it myself, even if I did get a bit carried away & finish it much faster than planned (I meant to just do the spraying & leave the rest until winter :whistle: ).

Of course, now I have some disappointed drivers ;)

I can see what you mean about the rear arms, the forward end is very similar where it fits on the balljoint, but otherwise I don't think they're interchangable ... I'm wondering if you could get a whole clod gearbox on the back end of a Wild Willy M38 though :ohmy: ;)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.