Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23611

:cry: sorry cant help you there yet (accept if you take a complete car). the G5 you could make from alloy and the h4 are the same that come with the tamiya ally servo mount me think.

will have a look in my M38 pile anyhow, who knows what I come up with. put dont put hope up to high
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23612

Hi Jonny,

Well that's a poor SWB you got there...it seems that it had a though life.

I'm also starting a resto on a SWB i got me a few weeks ago, and fortunately all the SWB specific parts are intact on it.
I also got me a used LWB in a "decent shape" i'm going to use for spares.
If intrested i could check the leftover parts and get them to you.
One thing is for sure i won't have the front suspension bulkhead + aluminium underguard neither the MSC stay :(

I will check tday after work and come back to you...if intrested of course ;)

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23613

Thanks chaps - I appreciate you looking :y:

Having done a bit more research, it looks like a lot of the parts I thought were the same (bulkhead, switch stay, rear body mount bases & springs) on both the SWB & LWB are in fact different - these are the differences that I spotted myself:

Rear arm stays are 10mm shorter & have a round hole instead of a slot (starting with the obvious :whistle: ) ;

Mechanism box lid - has holes for battery, resistors & antenna wires in the top rather than cut outs in the sides;

Chassis tub - no slots for battery, resistors & antenna wires in sides, holes for gearbox attachment in battery deck are M4 instead of M3;

Front spring tops - the "pipe holder" metal part has clearance holes (rather than being M2 threaded), plastic parts don't have holes;

Lower gearbox - no aluminium guard piece (or slots for it);

Rear spring lower mount - brass pieces don't have the extra smaller step, aluminium mounts have a smaller hole;

Motor mount plates - M4 clearance holes (instead of M3 tapped?), screw bags slightly different to accommodate this;

Idler gear - alloy instead of plastic, runs on 5mm shaft & needs two 5x8x2.5mm flanged bearings (MF85) instead of 730 bearings;

Rear body mounts: lower ends are threaded all the way up (no stepped/hex base), springs are longer;

Manual - shows not only part changes, but some of the drawings have been done from different angles;

And something that didn't change - two of the sprue with the front arms & uprights were included in both kits, "one as a spare" ... seriously, in the 4 years between the original release & the LWB update, no-one broke a front bumper or bulkhead?

There are also a few more (according to the literature out there) that I wasn't aware of:

- Top gearbox cover - single hole for idler shaft
- Front bulkhead - smaller holes on bumper spring mounts
- Steering arm - smaller hole?
- Rear suspension arms - some detail changes in stay locating holes?
- Switch stay, motor mount plates, gearbox back plates - changes in angles & dimensions
- Wheelie bars - angles are more acute
- Body clips - should have the older type with the waggly bit on the inside (instead of newer style with it on the outside)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23614

And another one (I think) - SWB resistor plate should be white (black on LWB).

:)

edit - nope, should be black on all ... white most likely to be a replacement, either a non-car specific one, or from a Frog :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23615

e22?

j1?

Attachment 026800x532.jpg not found

g1?

Attachment 024800x532.jpg not found

also I have 1 good wheel for you and what is the spacer your after made of? do you have a pic?

Attachment 014800x532.jpg not found

and is this a ww part?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23616

That's definitely an e22 :y:

The j1 part is pressed steel, yours looks to be plastic & is too tall :(

g1 - the 3rd one with the rounded shoulders :y:

I'm ok for wheels; G5 wheel spacer is aluminium, 10mm OD, 4mm ID, 5mm thick :)

Final part - AFAIK, no, but look & spacing is very reminiscent of the bulkhead ...

I'm definitely interested in the e22 & (3rd) G1 parts - can you pm me with a price/postage?

Ta

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23617

Oh you misunderstand :) the wheel, the e22 and g1 parts for you are FREE+postage :woohoo: of course just sending the 2 small parts should fit in an envelope ;) I had another look for a spacer but all mine are either brass or steel 10mm osd, 5mm isd, 4mm thick :ohmy:
oh and this g1 part is alloy yeah :)
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23618

Cool B) Thanks :y:

I don't need the wheel, but I wouldn't mind a steel spacer of the correct dimensions :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23619

I wouldn't mind a steel spacer of the correct dimensions :)

G5 wheel spacer is aluminium, 10mm OD, 4mm ID, 5mm thick :)

all mine are either brass or steel 10mm osd, 5mm isd, 4mm thick :ohmy:

these don't match though ?

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 9 months ago #23620

... these don't match though ?

Oops, I looked at the numbers, not the order they were in :blush: Homemade spacer it is then ... and talking of homemade, have a look at the bulkhead in the 1st & 3rd pics in this auction:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.