Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63242

After selling some other RC, I bought two Honda City Turbo Racing (re-re Wheeler) "kits" back in July, the uppermost one was sealed in heatshrink & was "only" 60% more than the one I bought back in 2015 ... the lowermost was listed as a kit & the first 6 photos were of the box, so I didn't read any further...

Turns out I should have done, the chassis was completely built but at least it wasn't painted...

I also bought full bearing kits, I will dismantle the built chassis to install these. I also have a 13.5T Turnigy Trackstar motor to use on one of them :)

I sprayed the bodies VW Alpine White earlier in the year, I also made "CITY TURBO RACING" decals on the plotter/cutter after a lot of re-work from a scan of the "WILLY'S' WHEELER" text. I painted the details on yesterday, plan is to do the #2 Sky Blue variant with one & the box art #5 Red with the other. :)

This means I'll have a full perm of the 5 Japanese GP cars - even if three of them are re-re cars :y:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63256

.. and you will be running it with that red brushless motor there? Jonny, aren't you worried that little rascal will be doing backflips and roll around sideways more often than driving with all its wheels on the ground? It's like "you need a helmet", but in this case *the car needs a helmet*!
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63286

.. and you will be running it with that red brushless motor there? Jonny, aren't you worried that little rascal will be doing backflips and roll around sideways more often than driving with all its wheels on the ground? It's like "you need a helmet", but in this case *the car needs a helmet*!

It might be a bit much :blush: I'll stick with the Torque Tuned motor for now :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63287

Lights, glass & (painted) rear wing added:

Twisting the wheels off the sprue leaves a chunk of unwanted plastc ... PO clearly thought the beas way to deal with that was to do half the job, with the tyre fitted :S

Pot of PC-1 & a cocktail stick:

Chassis had already been fitted with bearings, and there were another 7 spare :whistle: for the gearbox. I used 2 of the blue rubbed seal ones for the outdrives, and 6 metal shielded for the internals.

This is as far as I got with dismantlig & rebuilding yesterday, I had 4 bloo alloy shocks of a suitable length so used those instead of the kit pogo sticks.

Battery mounts need to be trimmed to clear the body, that hadn't been done.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63288

Set of re-re decals cut out:

#2 Sky Blue variant set I mad a while back ... clear waterslide "WILLY`S` WHEELER" text has already been replaced with machine cut vinyl "CITY TURBO RACING", I don't plan on replacing the hand cut vinyl parts, but will replace the inkjet print "CITY" number plate and clear waterslide big H logo with machine cut vinyl versions, alogn with the "HYPER TURBO" text + surround, + SHOWA text & a full set of roof numbers :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63289

Sweet!! :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63292

That's a really lovely square body.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63316

Extra vinyl cuts, + chassis finished:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63317

Decals applied :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, TamiyafanTrieste

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 4 months ago #63318

I want the same :p

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.