Keyword

TOPIC:

58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10839

After my disappointment with the Bigwig, I'm hoping this will be a lot better - I just bought it from the same chap I got the Williams FW11 off :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10841

:)
It looks very nice :P

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10851

Nice... looks like it's in much better shape than the Bigwreck. :y:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10866

Really looks nice and seems like it never was abused by his owner.... B)
I am still looking for some rear wheels to finish my Striker.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10870

B) Nice looking buggy B)

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10936

This brings back memories... :cry: miss my Striker. That little car used to move...

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10940

This brings back memories... :cry: miss my Striker. That little car used to move...

I've wanted a Striker for some time ... I think I was without an RC car around 1987, and I used to look longingly at the Striker, which I think must have been in a full page advert in Radio Race Car.

Once I'd saved up enough (it must have taken the best part of a year), I got my Dad to go to Model Junction in Bury St. Edmunds, armed with a shopping list & my savings ... the Striker had come & gone by then, so he came back with a Mardave Meteor instead, which the guy in he shop had recommended.

I wasn't very impressed, until he handed back a load of cash - the Meteor was far cheaper than any 2WD Tamiya of the time, once I'd built it it was obvious the guy in the shop knew what he was talking about - very basic design & leaky shocks aside, it handled far better than any Tamiya car :whistle:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #10942

Yes, the Striker was never very accurate in the steering department... It just used to bounce around all over the place. But it was fun to drive, and I think that was the idea of the Tamiya back then. Fun. You watch the original promo videos for Tamiya, and they all include jumps, sand, water, etc. it reminds me of fun.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #11054

Car arrived on Wednesday, it really didn't look quite "as new" as the seller claimed, but overall I was quite happy with it for what I paid...

I've just started dismantling it, and it's really not right at all - it's a mixture of badly installed brand new parts, interspersed with rusty, worn & broken parts that weren't even cleaned before fitting - the top portion of the body is something else - I don't think the dirty water/mud it had been through was even washed off before it was resprayed :blink:

Some pics to follow later, once my mind is sufficiently un-boggled ...

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 9 months ago #11060

Rebuild thread please :woohoo: :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.