Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 7 months ago #13923

While I was doing some other bits of white bodywork I thought I ought to give the Striker a bit of attention too - so I've sanded the bodywork & chassis, glued the crack on the side, and filled that and the knobby bit on the top too :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #14486

Very slow progress on this one too - I've reworked a scan of the decals for printing on clear & white media, body has also been primed, sanded & had two coats of colour ... I'm not sure exactly but I think the pic here is after priming & sanding ...

Attachments:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #14702

Got the final coat of white on Sunday & the clear on yestderday ... it's really not very shiny though, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet & try "rubbing out" - I've only done it at 1:1 scale before ... :unsure:

Attachments:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #14943

Gave the bodywork a good tickle with 2500 grit wet & dry, then my new Novus polishes - it's not perfect (I think next time I'd start with 1500 paper), but is considerably shinier than it was :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #14957

Wow, no more need to buy mirrors when you got Novus! :silly:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #15039

hey you guys are BUGGIN' for a Striker...
Is there any market for old Tamiya Strikers and or parts?
How about FALCON parts?
I was just at my favorite secret hobbyshop treasure hole...
They still had some NIP new STRIKER, FALCON, ASTUTE, and lots of KING CAB parts there gathering dust...
If theres a good market for parts I might be going there again in a few weeks if it does'nt snow. Winter weathers coming any day now to the USA.
robracer.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #15043

Is there any market for old Tamiya Strikers and or parts?
How about FALCON parts?...

A hesitant "yes" from me - there's definitely a market, but whether or not you could make any money on Striker parts I don't know, it's a unpopular car ... wheels, bumpers & the sprue with the wing on I would have thought would be do ok, tyres & decals very definitely, and the sprue with the rear hubs on too.

I would have thought you'd do better with Falcon parts, but I don't know the car well enough to say which bits are sought after - from what I know, bodies & decals would do well, tyres I guess, and the chassis tub - reputedly they all break in the same place near the front.

Astute & King Cab, no idea, I'm sure any vintage Tamiya parts would sell - but for how much & how long you'd have cash tied up IDK.

:)

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #15051

Well if they have a pair of striker rear wheels i would be interested... :whistle:
And like JR said, not much of a striker market i think...

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #15105

hey thanks....I knew it was mostly a deadend car. But I will see whats there in a few weeks.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 6 months ago #15138

They still had some NIP new STRIKER, FALCON, ASTUTE, and lots of KING CAB parts there gathering dust...

I have a feeling Astute parts will always sell... ;)

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.