Keyword

TOPIC:

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27880

Besides lots of brass ones (SS/RR) and a couple of black ones (SC) I have two other sets of UJ's. Those to the left are some kind of metal, and those to the right are nylon. I have seen various other hop-up UJ's as well.

I'm just puzzled that if the "greeny blacks" are Tamiya mk2's, shouldn't those be the ones "everybody" have? Maybe they were introduced very late, and by that are rare?

...or they couldn't be for the original Bruiser (58048)? I only have a rere Bruiser, so I can't check that. I have checked my Toyota 4x4 Pickup (58028), and it has the brass ones.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TommieG.

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27883

:huh: So lot of varieties????????????????? amazing!

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27884

:huh: So lot of varieties????????????????? amazing!

The two above are not Tamiya, they are "aftermarket", "hop-ups" or whatever.... :whistle:

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27893

I'm just puzzled that if the "greeny blacks" are Tamiya mk2's, shouldn't those be the ones "everybody" have?...

It was just a theory, which I'm quite happy to discount in the light of further information :)

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27910

I've been looking around, and I can't find any NIB kit among 58015, 16 and 27 that has black/green UJ showing in the blisters.
I'm pretty sure only the Super Champ came with the black/green ones, and I suspect the color difference is once again Tamiya's sloppy attitude towards future UJ-collectors :lol: (they bought from different vendors, giving variance in insignificant things like the color)

Just a theory, of course. ;)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27995

Just to add to the U/J discussion. I've just received a pair of SRB U/Js listed as from a Superchamp which are very dark olive green like JRs above. The vendor had other SC stuff, so I am sure they are genuine. Best part is, I got them for less than £4 posted!! :y: :y:

My "basketcase" SRB also has green steel U/Js, but that was not a Superchamp. It also had a curious mixture of Mk1 and MkII parts. I guess a lot of parts had been replaced during its life!

I also bought some new U/Js from Hong Kong. These are in Tamiya packaging, but are shiny metal (stainless??).

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27997

HI!... Does that SRB run on chickens? Is that chicken wire there to keep them in? lol! (joking). :laugh:

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27998

HI!... Does that SRB run on chickens? Is that chicken wire there to keep them in? lol! (joking). :laugh:

You think that's bad. Check out the rest of the pictures :sick:
I've dismantled it somewhat now and found several woodscrews holding it together - including the aluminium gearbox.

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #27999

I also bought some new U/Js from Hong Kong. These are in Tamiya packaging, but are shiny metal (stainless??).

Those are the UJ's from the re-released Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ (Rough Rider).

Got's me a Tamiya Rough Rider "1979" 10 years 2 months ago #28011

...or they couldn't be for the original Bruiser (58048)? I only have a rere Bruiser, so I can't check that. I have checked my Toyota 4x4 Pickup (58028), and it has the brass ones.

As far as i know, all the first release Bruisers/Mountaineers have brass UJ's.

Even on my Hi-Lux they're brass ones

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.