Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29054

unmineralised water or alcohol are good to avoid minerals deposits and they have no charged elements. For the alcohol, not enough oxygen to explose. disgreasing too.
For your throttle cuts, I think that it comes from the copper wires wich lost the varnish protection. and with the heat make short cut.
The low voltage power submerged makes the heat up lower

Thanks Stingray - that's been helpful!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29056

Flo probably means running the motor in a glass of distilled water on low voltage (3v)
If you move it up and down a bit this can help flush out some dirt.

This method is also used to run in the brushes of 'new' motors.

hmm forget to read page 2 of this thread :whistle:

Back to the motor cutting out, in case another motor has the same problem, what kind of Remote are you using?
I had a similar problem with mtroniks esc and flysky 2.4, the transmitter had a throttle endpoint setting of 140% which caused the esc thinking it had bad reception and going into failsafe.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29057

;) Happy to help you Buddy.
I learned that in olds RCs magazines and I work for the electrical Renault vehicles. :sick:

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29058

Flo probably means running the motor in a glass of distilled water on low voltage (3v)

Back to the motor cutting out, in case another motor has the same problem, what kind of Remote are you using?
I had a similar problem with mtroniks esc and flysky 2.4, the transmitter had a throttle endpoint setting of 140% which caused the esc thinking it had bad reception and going into failsafe.

It is exactely what for I purpose this method.
For your problem Waterbok, Maybe you can put a transistor on your motor. I never had Mtroniks and my flyskys are in FM. But I remind that when we had bad receptions (in the old times :laugh: ) We had to put capacitors on the motor.
But really for me, the matter is an isolation rotor problem due to the heat

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29059

A good question - I only use the Acoms Techniplus AP-202's. However had discounted that as a cause, as I use the same actual handset across all of the models that I've just test run over the last few weekends, with the same crystals too, and every other runner was fine - just the Wiggy had the throttle problem :(

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29062

For your problem Waterbok, Maybe you can put a transistor on your motor. I never had Mtroniks and my flyskys are in FM. But I remind that when we had bad receptions (in the old times :laugh: ) We had to put capacitors on the motor.
But really for me, the matter is an isolation rotor problem due to the heat

reducing the endpoint solved it in the end, tried resistor and capicitators etc.

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29063

A good question - I only use the Acoms Techniplus AP-202's. However had discounted that as a cause, as I use the same actual handset across all of the models that I've just test run over the last few weekends, with the same crystals too, and every other runner was fine - just the Wiggy had the throttle problem :(

ok that shuts out the transmitter, better stick to Flo's solution and check the motor wiring

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29064

This radio gear is one of my betters

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29076

Usually, motor stutter (Or refusing to reverse etc) is down to the brushes sticking in their holders (With dirt/oily goo), but loose wires, dirty connectors & even shorts caused by frayed wire ends can also cause it. Might not be the motor though....

Have you checked your receiver on/off switch (& cleanliness/security/condition of the plug on it)? - they do have a habit of dulling their contacts if left laying around unused for years, particularly if they've ever been wet. A clue will be if you also loose your steering when the motor stops.... in fact, does the motor play up when your steering is having issues? - I wonder if your jammed steering is making the steering servo pull to much current & making the receiver/ESC BEC shut down (Not as daft as it sounds - my TXT thing does that)

Tamiya Bigwig Steering Issues 9 years 11 months ago #29093

What's up with bearings on a Technigold anyway? I looked at the instructions but don't see any mention of it. :huh:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.