Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68230

Thingiversed the part as work in progress today. I probably won't have the time to change the printer nozzle before the end of the week.
Marui Hunter/Galaxy Rear Led and license plate holder by silvertriple - Thingiverse

In the meantime, will probably work out another part or two :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68243

I really must have a go with fusion 360, i have a few things i want to design including a brace for the hornet front end to stop the chassis cracking ( would probably fit the grasshopper and others) and also recreate wheels for the big bear. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68245

I did a lot of things into Tinkercad which quite easy to handle... Fusion360 have more possibilities but is much more complex at the same time... 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68249

Patience is my biggest drawback, I dont have enough of it and want things to work straight away, as you know it doesnt work like that ST does it lol

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68251

Well, patience... This is a key thing. And when doing this, you are cumulating few areas to do mistakes:
- measurement estimations (sometimes you just have no choice than estimation)
- elements you forget during the measurement (yes, there will be, specially the forgotten part because it is not mounted on the chassis when you take the measurement)
- mistakes in the placement of the forms,
- mistakes while doing form associations or dissociations
- dimension approximation due to the printing process

So in short, you have to fail to succeed, and it has to be an iterative process. Sometimes you would just make it right te first time and you will be very happy, but this is a random act that would not happen most of the times... But hey, Rome was never built in one day :-)

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68262

I think I got a little bit addicted...

This came today

Inside, a complete Galaxy RS, which needs a bit of TLC

And inside the box, there is also some parts and screws... And upon inspection, I have already the spares for the damaged parts.

I will need to change the tittle of the thread, and as well a bigger table for the parts all together...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68263

I tried to change the tittle of the thread to add "and a Galaxy RS too :)", and it seems it is not possible...
Anyway, the projects continue :)

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68264

I tried to change the tittle of the thread to add "and a Galaxy RS too :)", and it seems it is not possible...
Anyway, the projects continue :)

AFAIK you can't rename threads (not even your own), you have to create a new thread with the new name, and move all the "old" posts to that :whistle:

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68265

Oh, and now the thread changed name... :-D
Thanks Jonny! That being said, I could have lived without, but this became a whole story in itself. 

I made the counts, I have now
  • Hunter : grey chassis in good state with NIP parts to go around, and its original bodyshell cleaned up and viable
  • Hunter : black chassis in good state (except the radio switch holder damaged) with all parts to go around (including 3D Printed parts and a Tamiya driver). Missing a body shell. Targeted as runner.-
  • Galaxy : black chassis in good state (a little bit marked by use) with its roll cage and driver complete, with all parts to go around. Needs cleaning
  • Hunter : black chassis requiring minor repair (holes in the gear box, probably to hold an alternative bumper, threaded tube for motor mount slightly damaged), with all parts to go around, missing a driver. Missing a body shell. Targeted to be my son's Hunter. He wants one, but I'm still unsure if he is mature enough to understand this is a car which will requires much more attention and TLC than any of his other cars... 
  • 2 broken chassis (basically, even with lot of efforts, it will be difficult to do something with it) and parts (front wishbones, rear triangles, others)...
Maybe I should remove the active "Marui Hunter or Galaxy" search on few websites :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68278

...Maybe I should remove the active "Marui Hunter or Galaxy" search on few websites :-)

nah, now you need to get the Red RS Galaxy!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by yogi-bear.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.