Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 2 weeks ago #76882

Very nice hilux this color is fine for it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76912

This morning, I finished the 44B long chassis... I did not have the original steering rods, so I adapted something using piano wires...

Then shortly, I added the shocks... (same principle than for the 44B hilux at the front, on the rear I had to change the screws as the arms where mounted before with 3mm self tap screws for the shocks...

I printed the bodymount (the Lancia 44B should use the same as the Hilux, or the lower version, I'm not sure yet).

Here is the 3 chassis together

While I was at it, I printed a second set of 44B Hilux bodymounts, so I can have both bodyshells mounted properly on chassis...

I will have to trim the Lancia 037 touring bodyshell and add some electronics in the 44B Long wheelbase chassis at some point...

In the meantime, I could take some pics of both 44B Hilux together (there is a lot of work on the second 44B Hilux chassis, and I have no clue what is under the black paint of the red parts).

It's clear that I would do some stuff diferently now... Not all is coming from the modelisation, though, as the first Hilux came with an incomplete bodyshell, but I believe that with the knowledge I gathered later on doing the 44B Racing Baja body, I would do better. That will be for my next projects, maybe...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Ducksnuts

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76914

I love the hilux. They are compact. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76924

They are, and it's part of what is missing in the current RC production (beside some Tamiya). There is not so many offroad cars outside of the standard 260 mm wheel base... 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76932

Hello,
Very nice collection. We can clearly see the difference in length with the Hilux.

;-)

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76937

This morning, I reconfigured the long chassis in 44B City form for some reasons :-)

And I also did a quick print to add a brace on the front between the shocks upper mounting point. This is an easy to do and quick reinforcement... I've applied it to both 44B chassis.

I will also do a minor modification of the rear shocks ro remove 1 or 2 mm of range as the upper arm is touching the belt on the rear side, and I don't like this.

Once done, and electronics added to the 44B LWB chassis, the chassis will be completed and there will be only remaining work on the bodyshells...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76938

I did some support, and one french guy I'm in contact with has asked if I can do a batch for him as he has many 44B chassis... I'm willing to jump on the opportunity to refine my support and make it slightly more meaningfull...

I modeled Hirobo logo to try something...

And then I tried to print it in black and red as this will go good with the 44B chassis colors (I may have done the Hirobo logo in blue, but I did not have blue filament available).

I may need to do it as well for the Rock'nCity, Rock'nVega, Lancia, Racing Baja, Zerda and Alien (and why not Bearcat SS, Bearcat and Tomcat)... This could be either set on the side of the chassis support, or anywhere else...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 1 week ago #76946

As mentioned in the post thread, I received today a bodyshell I was no longer expecting to find, and it is in very nice state... I was not long to put it on its second half (previous owner told me "I have abodyshell who is bored and searching for its second half" ).

I'm questioning myself about keeping it the way it is or paint it (Always had a preference for same body in black), but I guess I'll need to order stickers first and then decide...

I also finished to print my sample signlaetic plates that will go with the chassis support... I did redraw the Zerda name, used approaching fonts form most of the others, and for the Mid, as I did not have clean stuff to start with, I used a font which is in phase with the alien theme)...

And since this is now done, it is time for a familly picture while this project started now a bit more than one year ago...

And with a lateral picture of each of the cars...

Now, don't ask me which one is my favorite of those three cars... First, because you might be disappointed, and second, because I would not be able to respond :-)... But one thing I must say : when I started this project, I was not expecting to get that nice results at the end.
I still need to figure out a support for the Bearcat SS (and its two brothers), but this should be easy enough, and I will also do the signaletic plate, for them... And now that the pictures with the 2 Hilux bodyshell have been taken, it will be time to dismantle the second Hilux chassis to restore it, and get it in a box, ready for a rebuild (which may not wait that long, who knows)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 6 months 4 days ago #76952

I had a discussion with my friend at Loisirs Creations RC ( www.facebook.co...8098785760) earlier this week. He requested me to work out the accessory parts to get them splitted in halves so he can work out something with very basic setup to do accessories with a silicon mold.

This is easy to do splits on a plan, so I did...

And I put all of this is a small bag. The only parts I did not split at this stage were the search lights...

I guess I'll have to prepare a shipment to my friend very soon...
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 5 months 1 week ago #77119

Someone asked me if I can do a Vega Bumper model. He has one brand new in a box, and he has a Vega without Bumper. Challenge accepted... He gave me meausrements and I started to model it.

Then asked for a few additional measures, in particular to determine than angle of the fold...

A chat and a print later (TPU-95A)...

The print quality is surprisingly good (I think I never got such result with a TPU print)...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.