Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73332

With a full surface definition for the main body, it was very easy to pull a model for the windows body... I used a new copy of my bodyshell and removed everything except the surfaces definition in the timeline. Then I applied an offset to make it smaller, and used that to generate the body fo rthe windows...

Next I had to find a way to fix the windows body, it's basically easy, you just have to check it won't be a problem with the bathtub or the rest of the chassis... I opted for 6 M3x6 screws. I defined first the attachments on the windows body...

Then I defined the ones on the bodyshell

I then made additional small checks with the roll bar as I wanted to make sure there won't be any issues with it... At some point I had a discrepancy between the center of the chassis and the center of the bodyshell, something I can't explain, but while trying to solve it, I've seen some weard things (not it's not something I wanted to display the belts)...

Some pics of the finished Fusion360 model...

I will need to get prints organized for the windows and the bodyshell to do a test after the rebuild...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73337

Another body for me please 🤗🤗🤗😜

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73341

i'm asking myself a question about this: I got a lot of downloads of my files but very few donations, even for a coffee... I'm currently contemplating the possibility to put a price tag to the files... And beside this, printing is quite expensive : for a body in ABS + the windows in transparent resin, the cost as per the price comparators I looked into would be about 120 €... It's quite expensive, especially considering you don't have the chassis for it. And he estimation for a ABS hilux body are about 60€ (and that is without the shipment)... Not sure it is realistic...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73353

Too expensive for me because I haven't the chassis and it is for fun. But for rare spares like these, it's not so expensive. 

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73372

The Racing Baja Body required a bit more of Surface modeling love...

I defined the body using this mode this time....

I used thicken command many time in order to make sure it would work

At the end is here a new bodyshell :-)

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73373

Nice one.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 11 months 3 weeks ago #75248

I realized that I did not clean the Hirobo parts when I model them... I did not have the ultrasonic cleaner when I started this...

All the parts of the 3 cars are now in the bath, for a few hours...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 11 months 3 weeks ago #75252

3 chassis (Zerda, 44B City, 44B Hilux), that makes a lot of red parts :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, EddyCH

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 10 months 2 weeks ago #75548

I received today a few bodyshells from TBG, including one for my 44B-Hilux and another one for  the second 44B chassis (on which I'm still hesitating about what i'm going to do in fine).

For the 44B Hilux, I may use a Kyosho Datsun Step Side... It's quite close in spirit from the Hilux bodyshell initially on the chassis.

I may have to review the front end, the roll cage, the mirrors, and the exhaust and the body mounts as well, but I already check and it goes around the radio box. I still have a doubt regarding the radiobox lid, as it may add a few millimeters on both side, but at least, this will make a good solution for this chassi, even if I have to do adapt a radio box lid for it... But at least, I have a solution now, awaiting for another one to come later (which I can't talk now).

For the LWB chassis, it may be either a Sand Scorcher bodyshell (lexan) or a Lancia 037 touring body (which maybe slightly too large to be in the spirit of the original 037 body going on the chassis, but as I don't have the original bodyshell to compare, I won't be able to say for sure, but at least it will be able to contain the radio box)...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 8 months 6 days ago #76243

While awaiting my parts arriving for the Super Wheelie, I did something pending for quite a while : review the pulley belt cover for the 44B as per my friend Andy's tests...

The pulley belt cover required some room for the motor screws...

This is now done...

And I also take benefit or being in the file to review the boot to make it easier to print... My idea is to print it in halves and to fix this by a zip tie...

This will soon go on Cults3D...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.