Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 5 days ago #78497

Great work as usual my friend!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 5 days ago #78501

Electronics is done...

A few settings were required for the direction as the angle is very limited...
I'll probably won't have the time to print tires for this car, but I may used some Scorpion rear with the original rims (I have a set of rims and a friend just tried that as I was mentioning they may work well together with Scorpion re-release tires). I have some on order, and they should arrived within the week.

Beside this I still have to print a Bumper (I have one printed in ABS, but i'm not sure it will work nicely. I may want to try TPU instead. TPU is a nightmare for supports, but printed splitted and glued that should not be an issue. The real question is how to make the bumper rigid enough so it does some work... Anyway, I'll find a solution and this car will run (until a break a PETG printed part) next week :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 5 days ago #78507

I've designed a support for the driver figure. It works with a Samurai driver, but could ultimately work with anything with a bit of modifications...

It's currently printing, and it will require 2 minutes effort to put it in place at the end...

ABS bumper is in place, and I'm thinking than maybe a mixed part with TPU and ABS halves could do the job...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 4 days ago #78512

While I have some Scorpion re-re rear tires on order (they are shipped, but should arrive on Thursday or Friday), I did found a set of two in my stuff...

I put it on the set of rims I have without tires...

The internal ring keeps the tire in place firmly, and since the profile is not exact, it doesn't fit symmetrically on the rim. That said, the front side is a bit rounded, and that will protect the chrome side, while the rear is flat... That should definitely work. I check the dimensions next to original tires, they are slightly larger, but diameter wise this is perfect.
And I also found that there was another easy possible solution which should work easily for any 44B car (it would be the same for Zerda by the way)...

Only waiting for the tires on order to arrive. The ones I have here may be soft while the other ones are medium, but that should not be an issue : I'll probably put the set of soft at the front while the medium will be at the rear...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 1 day ago #78528

Tires arrived today and they were promptly mounted on the car as the driver was quite impatient... I probably need to add some preload on the front but beside this not much to adjust...

I also took pictures with the one built like the original, this should make easy comparison between the original tires and the Kyosho Scorpion 2014 rear tires...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 1 day ago #78529

Really cute hilux.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 week 2 days ago #78588

Beside the Bearcat SS you can see the video in the ad'hoc thred, I ran as well the 44B Hilux with its printed parts, kyosho shocks and tires...

And it is great on the track. Although short, which requires to pay a bit of attention when turning, it's great car and easy to handle. I was really surprised how balanced it is during jumps as it stays flat, which means the balance is near perfect...
My son took again a video (which is the assembly of two actually). The noise you can hear is not due to belt skips, but is due to the bodyshell rubbing on the printed bodymounts... I solved this later with some o-joints...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.