Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 5 months 1 week ago #76982

I'm not sure I'll publish the Land Cruiser or the CJ-7 bodyshell at any point of time, but I have included all the parts published in this specific collection in cults3D, and if I add the other bodyshell, they'll join this collection
cults3d.com/en/...d-big-bear
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 4 months 2 weeks ago #77218

Since a few days, I'm thinking about the Land Cruiser... I have a white one which requires a few repairs, and the only car missing in my Marui collection is a Blue Land Cruiser... And it starts to bother me. I have a new bodyshell, but the dashboard and windshield did not came with it (because that's the way Marui was selling parts : there was no NIP with the dashboard ans the windshield, which were apparently only in kits)...

And while I modeled a Land Cruiser bodyshell, it was initially not targeted for printing, and further I did not have the dashboard when I did it, so it was likely way off... I printed one to do some checks, and the bonnet profile was way off, as well few other details. That confirms I will need to redo the bodyshell completely if I want to do something with my files...

I spend a good part of my afternoon to work a proper dashboard this time... It's definitely easier to have one in hand to do something, and it is easier to measure the elements of the profile than basing this on the bonnet...

At the end the profile matches better the bonnet. I still need to work out the two bonnet hinges, but this is much better already....

Normally the windshield should be right, but I launched a print to complete the checks.

I will take some time to redo the Land Cruiser body shell at some point, but this time with the proper bonnet profile...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 4 months 2 weeks ago #77222

Nice work my friend!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 4 months 2 weeks ago #77224

Final test prints for dimensions...

The windshield is exact match...

And i'm really surprised by the dashboard print: all the details on the dashboard were printed on supports (see first picture of this post) and it is really not that bad (I really like this 3D printer :-) )
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 4 months 1 week ago #77259

Last night, I printed a dashboard for a CJ-7 bodyshell... I wanted to check it properly : I have one bodyshell to repair in this specific area while another will require a dashboard because it has none.

The result is actually better than what I expected (Printed with layer at 0.2mm thickness)... And when it place it's even better : it's a perfect match in every point from the first print.

Next : check the CJ-7 windshield.

Indeed, I may go for a review of the Land Cruiser and CJ-7 bodyshell so I can put next to the Mitsubishi Jeep bodysell on Cults3D...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 4 months 1 week ago #77260

Nicely done.  And more detailed than the original 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 3 months 2 weeks ago #77451

It's no secret I love Marui and Super Wheelies... One was missing, and I got lucky this week. I found one in not so bad state... And here is with 2 cars of the family... The two missing one are still in parts, awaiting some reparation for the white Toyota and rebuild for the White CJ-7 (and probably paint).

The blue Toyota will require some work as she is not perfect, but i'm not too much concern, because I know there won't be an issue to get there. To get the complete family in one single picture, there is still some work to do with one of the Coors and the Shogun to rebuild :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Ducksnuts

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 2 months 3 weeks ago #77710

so taking the image from the catalogue and some photos Silvertriple took from the Super Wheelie Box, I started to build the artwork for a box for the Mitsubishi Jeep. And today I managed to do a test print. There is still a bit of work to do on the images, probably a bit hard to see, but up close there is still a lot of pixelation. Once the exterior is complete, there work begins on the insides. The aim is to make all the packaging, card headers and vac form packaging to make a "NIB" kit.

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, silvertriple, Ducksnuts, optimaforever

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 2 months 3 weeks ago #77712

Beautiful work collab!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 2 months 3 weeks ago #77713

so taking the image from the catalogue and some photos Silvertriple took from the Super Wheelie Box, I started to build the artwork for a box for the Mitsubishi Jeep. And today I managed to do a test print. There is still a bit of work to do on the images, probably a bit hard to see, but up close there is still a lot of pixelation. Once the exterior is complete, there work begins on the insides. The aim is to make all the packaging, card headers and vac form packaging to make a "NIB" kit.

It may not be perfect, but I love it already :-)
I remember when we talked about this the first time, it was about the stickers and that was great already, but the box is just magnificent already :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.