Keyword

TOPIC:

New Tamiya TD4 2 years 10 months ago #67208

RcKicks has a video on it.

It's meh for me too.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Tamiya TD4 2 years 10 months ago #67209

Just seen the chassis on Tamiya live stream, and it is quite interesting... I prefer the chassis without the body  . Masses are well centered, and the position of the battery and motor definitely directed some of the choices...
And I believe this chassis would be great with a Javelin like roll cage with Ariel Atom proportions...

But, yeah, I don't like the body... But clearly, there is no room left... The Fat format of the body is kind of directly linked with the technical choices.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Re:New Tamiya TD4 2 years 10 months ago #67210

• Macca
  • Macca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
This is a great video on the subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Tamiya TD4 7 months 2 weeks ago #76519

I just (re)joined the forum and saw this today on the Tamiya YouTube channel. I too absolutely love it and want one. I don’t understand other members’ ambivalence or dislike about this. I think it’s gorgeous and technically very interesting. I’ll buy the prepainted kit next year. Cheers.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Last edit: by Raywode.

New Tamiya TD4 7 months 1 week ago #76572

I just (re)joined the forum and saw this today on the Tamiya YouTube channel. I too absolutely love it and want one. I don’t understand other members’ ambivalence or dislike about this. I think it’s gorgeous and technically very interesting. I’ll buy the prepainted kit next year. Cheers.

I also like the TD4 

I purchased the pre-painted kit , with the special yellow chassis and springs when I spotted one on sale - love the colours.

Haven't built it yet, but I will. 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by mirrorman.

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77505

I've at LAST pulled the kit off the shelf, and it's now in the "to build" pile .  LOL 

Just waiting on the upgrade aluminium servo stays  , and a few Tamiya TSU-06 low profile digital servos I've order to arrive to get going with the build. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77506

Also , for those who don't like the TD4 standard body -
I've found an interesting video on using a Kyosho body that can fit the chassis , and look good. 

Use the CC option on YouTube to bring up the English subs. 

Last edit: by mirrorman.

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77507

Also , for those who don't like the TD4 standard body -
I've found an interesting video on using a Kyosho body that can fit the chassis , and look good. 

Use the CC option on YouTube to bring up the English subs. 

Call me crazy, but I like the TD4 and the TD2 (finally got off the fence and ordered a pre-painted today) just the way they are, but I also love the OG "ugly ducklings", the Striker and Sonic Fighter!
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77511

YES, I like the TD 4 body as well - well done mate.  

The one I'm building is the pre-painted kit .  

I've seen the TD4 at good discounted prices round the place to move the stock now , so a lot of buggy goodness for the price if you ask me. 

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77513

Yep, I lucked out a few weeks ago and got this nicely finished model including digital servo, GT Tuned motor and blue springs for way less than I could buy it all new - and there's no sign of use! (yet)

The pre-painted TD2 kit I will build, and interestingly also got for a bit less than the going rate. Fine by me!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.