Keyword

TOPIC:

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77514

Well done - great find.

I think the TD2 will see be around for a while , so may pick up one at the next sales. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 1 week ago #77564

I've at LAST pulled the kit off the shelf, and it's now in the "to build" pile .  LOL 

Just waiting on the upgrade aluminium servo stays  , and a few Tamiya TSU-06 low profile digital servos I've order to arrive to get going with the build. 

I just scored a pre-painted with the special yellow parts, so now the 58696 can be a runner! However I don't remember the servo being low profile, but I just glanced at it. I know the BBX called for a low profile and I think I bought an extra, but do you know the the TD4 actually requires the low profile? I also wonder if I'll need low profile for the TD2 when it gets build.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 6 days ago #77574

I've at LAST pulled the kit off the shelf, and it's now in the "to build" pile .  LOL 

Just waiting on the upgrade aluminium servo stays  , and a few Tamiya TSU-06 low profile digital servos I've order to arrive to get going with the build. 

I just scored a pre-painted with the special yellow parts, so now the 58696 can be a runner! However I don't remember the servo being low profile, but I just glanced at it. I know the BBX called for a low profile and I think I bought an extra, but do you know the the TD4 actually requires the low profile? I also wonder if I'll need low profile for the TD2 when it gets build.

Great on getting a yellow pre-painted , that's the one I'll be building
Just checked the manual for the TD4 Super Avante - looks like a low profile servo is required. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Last edit: by mirrorman.

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 6 days ago #77576

Ok thanks, I need a couple more then. And thank you for sharing about the yellow parts or I wouldn't have known! I usually skip over reading about the pre painted kits, unless that's all there is.
IG_tamiyaddiction

New Tamiya TD4 3 months 6 days ago #77578

Ok thanks, I need a couple more then. And thank you for sharing about the yellow parts or I wouldn't have known! I usually skip over reading about the pre painted kits, unless that's all there is.

Happy to help .

The yellow parts aren't much : comprises  a yellow Chassis (I assume you can't get as a spare part), and yellow damper springs. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.