Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19652

Ah the Ebbro's :kiss: dont show me those :pinch: , I love to have a set of these but they are way expensive. :unsure:

yes a pity that that building collapsed on them prior to shipment. :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19655

These guy's are 30min down the road from me :)

item page here

PandaGFX.com
PO Box 312
Carlton South VIC 3053
Australia
ABN 68 318 503 157
Ph: +61 411 388 608
eM: willy@pandaGFX.com
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19660

I like the yellow livery best I think.

A pic for Jonny - this is what an EXPENSIVE bearing looks like, retail is 1600gbp! (Finally got it for 760 due to it being for an obsolete machine & Gamet didn't want it just sitting on their shelf). It's the headstock front bearing for my lathe, I had to replace it when I first got the machine. Bit of a shock, but the machine still came in under budget or normal Ebay prices for them, so I was happy.
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19666

These guy's are 30min down the road from me :)

item page here

PandaGFX.com
PO Box 312
Carlton South VIC 3053
Australia
ABN 68 318 503 157
Ph: +61 411 388 608
eM: willy@pandaGFX.com

I haven't heard good things about the quality of Panda decals :( but I'm sorted anyway.

Looking at their own pics, the boxart one shows the WILLY'S' WHEELER decal in black, every wheeler I've seen has it in black, the scan I have has it in black, the wheeler I used to have it in black, i.e. it's should be black. Panda have it in white. To go on a white background. Really not the best advert for their attention to detail - "digital perfection" my badword :laugh:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19667

Black ash effect, eddrick? Really? I would have said something like "1983 called, they want their furniture back", but you get a free pass under the 30 year rule - it's briefly "cool" again ;)

That bearing doesn't look particularly huge, so I guess the cost is in the precision?

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19678

I was still in two minds about whether to strip the decals & detail paint off the body - originaility vs looking good ....

Oh well, I'm commited now :) No question that the paint on the driver & wheels was going to have to come off:

Definitely my easiest experience of paint stripping - I'd guess no prep whatsoever was done. The driver though - what sort of paint doesn't stick, but still stains the plastic? I'd guess acrylic heavily diluted with solvent?

Evostick-ed wheels & tyres were another matter ... but at least it's got a fair bit of it off. Tyres seem to have survived the graffiti remover... I've glued up a small number of splits with "Stormsure" black synthetic rubber glue, I'll let it set overnight & then get them soaking in glycerince.

I must say, for a car that's been put away in a box until I finish my other outstanding projects, this seems to be getting a fair bit done to it :whistle:
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19682

Willy looks to be painted with felttippens like they had for coloring the white playmobil you could buy in the 80/90's.
are you interrested in an old cover for the switch, I just found some dried out and cracked ones that might still be usable if you put some of that stormsure on it, fits in the package.
And if you want the original 'racing' steering wheel I would swap one (from my Jimny or VW driver) for another or two one thats about the same size.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19687

Willy looks to be painted with felttippens like they had for coloring the white playmobil you could buy in the 80/90's.
are you interrested in an old cover for the switch, I just found some dried out and cracked ones that might still be usable if you put some of that stormsure on it, fits in the package.
And if you want the original 'racing' steering wheel I would swap one (from my Jimny or VW driver) for another or two one thats about the same size.

I remember having those pens (& colouring in a pirate ship) :) - but the finish was nothing like that ...

I could use a rubber switch boot thanks :y: Not sure about the steering wheel though - I thought the only difference was a couple of holes in each spoke? I was just planning to drill those ...

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19688

almost the same ;)

its just more sporty wih a better view on the dials. B) (less Y more T that is)

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19690

If you've got a spare one, that would be great :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.