Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8738

Just became aware that the GR-24 2.4ghz reciever doesn't have BEC :blink: - so it can't be used directly with stock Tamiya ESCs.

It seem to be designed to run with up to 8,4V, so you should be fine ?
www.graupner.de...oduct.aspx

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8743

Just became aware that the GR-24 2.4ghz reciever doesn't have BEC :blink: - so it can't be used directly with stock Tamiya ESCs.

It seem to be designed to run with up to 8,4V, so you should be fine ?
www.graupner.de...oduct.aspx

-Lars

I meant the Acoms GR-24 :side:

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8745

Oh, sorry :blush:
Then it does seem like you are in need of either a separate battery box or a separate BEC unit...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8759

All,
I have today started a new Category in the "Downloads" section of TamiyaBase for Vintage Radio equipment manuals.

I will fill in the manuals I have, and hope others of you do the same thing using the "Upload" function provided. ( here )

-Lars

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8761

Jonny, have you checked the Rx connection on a Tamiya ESC with a multimeter? - I'd be astounded if it wasn't putting out 5v, after all, that's what the internal electronics will be running on.
If you're sure the GR24 hasn't got some sort of built-in voltage regulation, another way around it would be to use either a LM7805 chip (Pence, 3-pin, easy) or one of Tamiya's pre-BEC Rx switches (The ones with a voltage regulator, as supplied with Hotshot etc). I MIGHT even have one kicking about somewhere

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8762

Oh, & whilst I'm thinking about it, someone in this post asked if there's such a thing as an Acoms AS3 servo - yes there is, it looks the same as an AS2, but works in the opposite direction & you usually find them on the old Hiluxs (1 of the controls has to work backwards, can't remember which)

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8764

Jonny, have you checked the Rx connection on a Tamiya ESC with a multimeter? ...

No, I just assume everything I see on the internet is true :whistle:

This is a nearly flat 7.2 NiMH pack hooked up to a TEU101 ESC - the multimeter probes are in the RX out lead & the voltage is exactly what the battery is delivering - 7.7v.

Attachments:

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8781

I'm dumbfounded by that! "Why" is the question.... I thought the whole purpose of having an Rx power connection on an ESC was to supply 5v & do away with Rx packs & eliminators, otherwise all you'd need is the signal & ground-bonding, so why the 3rd wire? My Mu's got a 101BK in it & an older (Non-BEC) Rx, interested to know why it hasn't fried now....

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 12 years 2 weeks ago #8782

Whilst we're on the subject, here's a partial datasheet for the LM7805 regulator chip I've been banging on about. Pence to buy, small & simple. Poke battery voltage in on pin 1 (Up to 30v I think), connect pin 2 to battery -ve (& RX -ve) & it puts out 5v at up to 1A on pin 3 (Power to your Rx). At the small voltage change & current throughput, it won't need a heatsink & could be sevo-taped on top of the Rx etc
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 11 months ago #9476

• FACE
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Can I use an ARC 227 receiver with a TEU104BK ESC? I just picked-up a Techniplus AP227 MK3 and it came with the ARC 227. Not sure if I need an MSC for this or a battery box? Any ideas out there.

Last edit: by FACE.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.