Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74830

Gavin, man behind Rc Kicks Youtube channel used lightt buckets for the TA02 934 on his body.

Thx, found that video also. Much better i found a light bucket set at Tamico
tamico.de/Tamic...-RSR?jtl=v
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74840

Recently I realized that soon enough  - I'd reach my goal to have all eight 580xx models represented from 1986.

Represented, meaning five vintage and three re-res - SO close to all vintage.

Then I bought the vintage Blackfoot recently and said screw it, I need to be all vintage for 1986.

So, I then started searching for the last two I would need - The Bigwig and Monster Beetle.

I found a good deal on a lightly used original The Bigwig, just needs a breakdown, clean and rebuild, along with painting and decals on the extra body. I'm very happy to have found one with the MRC box and literature. Along the way I finally found a half-decent deal on an Avante 2011, and the Monster Beetle has not arrived yet. Lastly, some more motors for my expanding collection that has gotten a bit out of control, lol.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, EddyCH

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74851

The bigwig is amazing. And the avante 😜😜😜😜 very fragile on the old front hubs.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74886

Here's the vintage Monster Beetle delivered today. I'm really torn if I should leave it and the Blackfoot alone (non box art) or strip them both down and restore them. I can't say I'm a big fan of the gold, but it was someone's vision BITD so kinda cool. They even painted the wheels a matte gold. The listing didn't have many details, but I spied the TECHNIGOD under the heat sink, some like-new Proline Masher tires, and some kind of universal joint axles - kinda like Robinson Racing but not exactly? Let me know what you think:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74887

Finally! 😄

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74889

Todd I never saw these cvds. Very interesting because the original hexa dogbones are terific. At your place I would strip down the gold and paint it boxart. With a mci decals sheet it should be perfect. And for the rims rere ones are exactly the same.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74891

Todd I never saw these cvds. Very interesting because the original hexa dogbones are terific. At your place I would strip down the gold and paint it boxart. With a mci decals sheet it should be perfect. And for the rims rere ones are exactly the same.

That's what my gut is telling me. So much so, that when I placed my MCI sale order the other day, I included a set for Monster Beetle and Blackfoot. I also ordered some parts that are missing or need to be replaced on the MB body, as well as correct wheels and tires. I suppose I should put my rere MB sealed kit up for sale, because I don't need a clone if I restore the vintage. Either that, or keep it and bash it.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74894

Keep the rere and bash it. The tranny is better.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74897

Todd, I bet those driveshafts are Thorp. 
Back in the days there were no better upgrade for the ORV chassis.

Valueable today in good nick.

Link to Thorp ones www.worthpoint....1832448513

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74902

Nice little delivery of 3DP parts today, Some HotShot series upper arm braces, A JRX2 shorty battery holder and an Associated B3 gear cover, Plus a heap of 5mm bullet connectors

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.