Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 4 days ago #75685

Very happy about this one! I'm not sure how it made it all these years without being finished, never run and displayed with a clear body:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 4 days ago #75686

Wahoo. Gorgeous.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 4 days ago #75691

Sweet!!
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 days ago #75704

A Friend air brushed the box art livery for my EP Ultima Type-r, It arrived today 😁 Just a few Kyosho stickers to complete :) 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75733

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

This just arrived, 58201.

It’s quite nice having the box, even in this state.

And the contents !!!
Most things I buy actually arrive looking in better condition than the photos, but I think this one is going to be an exception.
So I really know nothing about this chassis, so this is going to be a bit of a learning curve.
Weirdly this has got an MSC controller with it, but my research so far says it came with an ESC. I’m assuming it just got mixed up in the box, or was there ever an earlier version of this chassis TL-01 that came with an MSC.
I will take a proper look at this tomorrow, but first impressions, the chassis will need replacing, the tyres are knackered and also glued onto the wheels. A couple of the wheels need fixing, they have some chunks missing, unless these are easy to find I’d like to try and fix them, if I can get the tyres off.
Are the tyres easy to find these days ???
The body has some damage, most I would say is fixable, one part is going to be tricky. If I can repair the body, I think I’ll be spraying it from the outside because of the repairs I’ll need to do on the inside.
The wing mirrors appear to be missing, but I haven’t checked through the contents of the box properly yet, I suspect they’ll be missing.
The plan at this point, is to strip everything down, find all the broken bits, pray the shopping list is a short one and I’ll build this up with what’s in the box so I can see if anything is missing.

Any advice on this one would be very welcome. Especially what to look out for, cheers.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Last edit: by Al.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75734

The tl01 was sold with a msc and a flyer to explain the installation of it. If you need spares, I have some ones. To unglue tires, put the wheeles in boili g water and wait a little to soft the glue. Tires are classic and if you want, I have rallye blocks for this celica.  I hanged my mess yesterday and classed my spares.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75735

Looks like the box states ESC recommended but not included. That's cool to have the original even if you don't end up using it. Agreed about the box - I'll take a beat up box over no box at all, any day.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75736

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
Thanks guys. Flo, thanks for the offer of help, that’s really appreciated. Let’s see what happens ???!!!
So I’ll try to save the tyres then by the sounds of things. 
Some spares seem to still be available, luckily the main chassis. I’ll see how far I can get tomorrow, if nothing else I need to find out if anything is missing and then what’s broke, cheers.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75737

The tl01 shares a lot of spares with wr01 wt01 tl01b ........  wr01 the wild willy 2, wt01 like the mud blaster2. All is still available.  This chassis has been replaced by the tt01 02. As entry level chassis with nice bodies. I should kept one same if I never like it. I kept the blue clk gtr.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 months 4 weeks ago #75738

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
Thanks Flo, awesome information.
Thank you.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.