Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 1 week ago #77005

Got a few goodies in the last weeks :

New Build never driven Sonic Fighter with box

A nice 58049 Body set that i found very cheap

A new Bodyset for the my BigWig

Also got a new build Falcon from Eddy

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 5 days ago #77015

Please shield your eyes before gazing upon this legend of R/C 

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 5 days ago #77016

I have one as well Todd 

Found some Tamiyaclub links that said those are rare. No idea myself.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 5 days ago #77017

Rooohhhh Tod, you found a legend. I learned on tb that this motor made the earth rotation or something like that. This motor beats Chuck Norris. 😂
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 3 days ago #77028

A Mud Blaster project and a 2018 Manta Ray:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 3 days ago #77029

Nice Todd, I love the MB box too!!

Did you get a body as well?

The MR platform is one of my favs for jumping, I have the Blazing Star....
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 2 days ago #77032

Nice Todd, I love the MB box too!!

Did you get a body as well?

The MR platform is one of my favs for jumping, I have the Blazing Star....

No, but I have a NIB body kit on the way from Japan. What is shown is the bulk of what has arrived so far from various sources - should be pretty cool when it's complete!
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 2 days ago #77043

Oh absolutely! Great start and for me the box is one of my favorites along with the King Cab.

Keep us posted with pics!!

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 2 days ago #77044

Oh absolutely! Great start and for me the box is one of my favorites along with the King Cab.

Yes, the box art is fabulous, but the box and manual cost me more than the model! This is absolutely a classic case of falling down the rabbit hole, and how our crazy minds work to justify things in this hobby:
* I have a vintage Blackfoot that came with the yellow shock upgrade. When I fully restore it, I want to put vintage black shocks back on it . . .
* I couldn't find just the black shocks, but oh look! - I found another Blackfoot that still had them and it came with a vintage lexan body and vintage radio system that I didn't have yet, so that "paid for itself" LOL!
* I don't need two vintage Blackfoots, so I decided to maybe create a Mud Blaster runner on the cheap, using the extra lexan body from my re-re Brat . . .
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster manual for sale on ebay! - nabbed it.
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster box for sale on ebay! - nabbed it.
* OK, well NOW I need to do better than a cheap runner, so need a legit body . . .
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster body kit for sale on ebay! - stalked it, sat on the fence, contemplated how I got here, negotiated a tiny bit of savings - nabbed it.
* Looks through the manual to see what's what, and realized I needed some more parts to make it right . . .
* Bought a servo brace, MSC and wheels/tires
* I'm swollen with motors, so that wasn't an issue.

So . . . six hundred dollars later . . . and I still need black shocks for my Blackfoot 

But I'll have a Mud Blaster! 

Or, maybe I can put the upgrade shocks on the Mud Blaster?!? 

IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 months 1 day ago #77045

Yes, the box art is fabulous, but the box and manual cost me more than the model! This is absolutely a classic case of falling down the rabbit hole, and how our crazy minds work to justify things in this hobby:
* I have a vintage Blackfoot that came with the yellow shock upgrade. When I fully restore it, I want to put vintage black shocks back on it . . .
* I couldn't find just the black shocks, but oh look! - I found another Blackfoot that still had them and it came with a vintage lexan body and vintage radio system that I didn't have yet, so that "paid for itself" LOL!
* I don't need two vintage Blackfoots, so I decided to maybe create a Mud Blaster runner on the cheap, using the extra lexan body from my re-re Brat . . .
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster manual for sale on ebay! - nabbed it.
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster box for sale on ebay! - nabbed it.
* OK, well NOW I need to do better than a cheap runner, so need a legit body . . .
* Oh look, a Mud Blaster body kit for sale on ebay! - stalked it, sat on the fence, contemplated how I got here, negotiated a tiny bit of savings - nabbed it.
* Looks through the manual to see what's what, and realized I needed some more parts to make it right . . .
* Bought a servo brace, MSC and wheels/tires
* I'm swollen with motors, so that wasn't an issue.

So . . . six hundred dollars later . . . and I still need black shocks for my Blackfoot 

But I'll have a Mud Blaster! 

Or, maybe I can put the upgrade shocks on the Mud Blaster?!? 

You don't realize how much I identify with what you just said....
It's totally that.... all the time....

I say to myself, I'm going to buy this cheap model...and then I spend 3 times the initial price on spare parts...of course vintage originals that cost a lot.

I'm glad my wife doesn't realize how much I spend on my various projects...

Oh, I forgot, I must have some black shocks for your Blackfoot or Mud Blaster...if you're interested...
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Last edit: by Manotas.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.