Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 week 4 days ago #78569

Nice AL. I may try to do a Lancia (1st generation) style thing with fat tires all around and the ORV chassis. For street usage...

I have to agree with that, there will be no dull retirement moments!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 week 4 days ago #78570

The 037 is awesome.  I have the wheeles and.... the wheeles to do a tribute😂😂😂😂. I almost had one original but postal services killed this part of the deal 😤😭. And I  think that she's gone in another home.
but the last french first edition of the ta03r one is in my room.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 week 4 days ago #78571

Too bad you couldn't get your hands on the original!!! :) 

Love the TA03R version!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 week 4 days ago #78572

And it's easy to light the front discretly.

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 days 2 hours ago #78608

• Al
  • Away
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

Nice AL. I may try to do a Lancia (1st generation) style thing with fat tires all around and the ORV chassis. For street usage...

Nice idea Jim. I’m assuming you’d just need to cut out larger wheel arches in the body shell. I also see Nathaneal at MCI has started doing some repro tyre sets and wheels. I think he does the Lancia ones.

I started building up my chassis which is just high lighting the bits I’m missing. I’ve also just bought the remains of an original Frog chassis ??? I shouldn’t have looked at Andy’s ORV build thread.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 days 23 hours ago #78609

The frog is a basis of almost all this chassis based resto. I built my brat tribute on a frog. So now I have a full options brat😂
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 days 1 hour ago #78615

Nice idea Jim. I’m assuming you’d just need to cut out larger wheel arches in the body shell. I also see Nathaneal at MCI has started doing some repro tyre sets and wheels. I think he does the Lancia ones.

I started building up my chassis which is just high lighting the bits I’m missing. I’ve also just bought the remains of an original Frog chassis ??? I shouldn’t have looked at Andy’s ORV build thread.

Yes, exactly Al, sort of a Lancia styled retro tribute with a bug body. Thanks for the tip on Nathaneals wheels and tires, I will check them out.

Nothing like sitting down to start a build  just to end up with pen and paper listing what you THOUGHT you had but are missing! LOL!

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 days 18 hours ago #78634

• Al
  • Away
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

The mailman delivered a package containing 2 of the C parts trees from the ORV cars.
I would suggest or guess this is one of Tamiya’s best sellers. Due to its high breakability where the shock attaches.
And yes I’ve just bought 2 more ????!!!!!
I’ve bought more of these than I cared to, of these over the years, in fact every time I’ve ever restored and ORV based chassis model. 
Now I know why we restore models and stick them on a shelf. Just the thought of attaching the shocks fills me with fear and I claim to be an adult ???
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 days 12 hours ago #78636

Not here yet but sent today a gift from a friend . The surprise is on road. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 days 1 hour ago #78638

Hmmmmmmmmm...............
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.