Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65182

Lockdown done... I can't see my grandson during minimum 1 month. :cry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65183

No lockdown here. Additional hour before the curfew will allow me to resume running, and avoid my additional hours of work because none of my colleagues can do running during that hour...
If you planed for a Tamiya kit in the next week, it may be time to anticipate your buy, as inventory may melt like snow under sun...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65185

No budget for a new kit but the lunchy will take a lot of time and I have another project for a beetle body ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65200

Bit of actual sunshine today, so I put on my first Hawaiian shirt of the year B) :whistle:

On a similar "summery" note, I wanted to list some stuff on eBay today... My bench & grafitti backdrop are inacessible, so I duct taped the seascape one that was no use otherwise to a bit of cardboard (2 layers of double wall box) & it worked surprisingly well :)

I might have to re-do it properly - and make a beach ground board too.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65202

Niice!

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65204

I bought myself a new storage cabinet today to tidy up things.
Price on this have been lowered recently and the outlet had only 2 in stock when I bought it, so I guess it was time to snap up one of these before they gets discontinued.
The one in the background which I had for a while now, is exactly the same one.
So far half of it is filled already.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65206

Nice backdrop Jonny and you even got the sand effect :)

Nice find Caprinut I have a similar one in my garage but the compartments are bigger. I still need more storage. 

Ok So today I had a few deliveries, ZX1 extralube, supposed to be good. and the spares I needed for the Lunchbox rebuild and some blue grease. Then I did a few things round the house then I thought I would go up the garage to do some tidying up. As usual I got distracted and thought I would mess with the RC's, I kicked a bag on the floor and it sounded like plastic, when I checked I found 4 monster truck wheels and tyres and a chassis with suspension and steering arms.

Thinking it was a Lunchy chassis I took it out but it looked different.

The wheels didn't look right either.

On further investigation its got Big Bear on the tyres, one is quite deformed so Need some advice how to get it back in shape. 

The chassis has Tokyo Marui so I'm guessing Marui Big Bear.

I really don't have a clue where this came from, I didn't buy it and I don't remember any of my mates having one.

It had a speed controller in the bag too.

I also came across an old toy grade car Lancia Stratos not sure if its worth anything but its got its battery cover missing and probably will not function.

I removed the 30yr old batteries from a transmitter, tiny bit of corrosion which cleaned off quite easy..

Then my grandson arrived and I had to get his Minecraft server up and running so we can both do a bit of gaming. Going to show him how to drive Mario cart tomorrow :) 

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65208

Wow, haven't seen batteries like that since ... I want to say 1982, but it was probably way later than that ... In sepulchral voice: "Ever Ready Power to the Peeeeeeeeeeeepulllllll ;)

I you're not planning on doing anything with the Big Bear tyres for a while, I'd stuff them with old socks/rags etc (enough to push them back in to shape) & some months in the future see if they'll then stay like that when unstuffed ... otherwise, soack in glycerince for a while to soften them &/or make tyre foams to hold them in shape & put them back on the rims.

Those tyres often rot with age apparently, as they haven't they're worth something, if you want to sell them I'd leave them as is, I think in general people would rather buy stuff as found than fiddled with :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65210

Well, since I have a chassis wheels, tyres and msc I may possibly see what I can find and rebuild. I do have a litre of Glycerine that i can soak them in. Someone I watch on Youtube used wintergreen oil infused with alcohol to soak old air filter rubbers off an old motorbike to restore them and it worked a treat so it may work on the tyres. I will try glycerine first as i've got it. Do I need to dilute it with anything?? Never done this before. 

Lee
Regards

Lee

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65212

Started my day by reviewing few details on my son's Super Storm Dragon.
  • Set servo properly (center and end points)
  • Reviewed front suspension setup to make it slightly smoother than what it was initially. Now, the arms are going back to place after having moved up, was not really the case before
  • Did change the Tamiya ESC by a quicrun WP1060 waterproof
  • made some cable management, so it is is now cleaner on that point...
At this stage, the body shell is still plain white, and my son is starting to seach monochrom  jpegs and other elements he can use to build stickers with the plotter...

On my side, opened the box of the Hornet, and started to build it. One hour later, remain the front suspension and the wheels to be mounted. What will take time will be the paint (which is going to be hard way :-D, because I don't like simple things). I must recognize I already started to think about what I want to do next, and that may not be a good idea to key an order right now, but I tend to think about 4WDs for the next (have a few in my list, but most are not available anyway: Turbo Optima, Javelin, Super HotShot, XV01 Delta Integrale (nb: avoid searching logic in this list, it is also based on the ones I saw while I was young because friends have one)...

Yesterday, the Turbo Scorpion made its first run, and I must say I'm impressed by the power of the brushless compared to my previous reference point : it's incredible. And as for handling standpoint, it does look much better than what I was expecting based on hints from friends who told me a eighty buggy couldn't be as good as a modern buggy. Reality is this beast was once a world champion, so the basis was good. There was better later on, but a low cost 2WD even modern is not as good as the eightie's high end one : the DT03 is clearly not in the same class...

No picture on the Hornet build yet, I'll post a thread on that later on (I'll wait at least chassis is done to post about it)...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.