Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65213

Well, since I have a chassis wheels, tyres and msc I may possibly see what I can find and rebuild. I do have a litre of Glycerine that i can soak them in. Someone I watch on Youtube used wintergreen oil infused with alcohol to soak old air filter rubbers off an old motorbike to restore them and it worked a treat so it may work on the tyres. I will try glycerine first as i've got it. Do I need to dilute it with anything?? Never done this before. 

Lee

I wouldn't dilute it ... in fact it's something of a battle to stop it soaking up all the moisture it can from the atmosphere & diluting itself. I'd suggest putting each tyre in a separate sandwich or gripseal bag & putting just enough glycerine in to "baste" it, then turnign them over every day or so. The longer you can leave them soaking the better I think :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65216

Hornet chassis is built. That was easy and fast. The most difficult is the rear wheels assembly, specially to push the middle part in the tyre... Then I cut the body shell, assembled the driver and mount it temporary in oder to define where I would put the electronics. Mounted the RX and positionned the ESC....

Then decicded I'll try the lipo cut off modification on the TBLE-02S (have a few sitting here already, and it is worth trying : if it works, that will avoid the requirements of a lipo buzzer. Opened the ESC, located the place I need to solder the resistor, and tried... Results are not yet confirmed, but so far:
  • everything works as before for the time being (the mod did not break anything)...
  • testing lipo cut off with a 540 motor in a Hornet chassis will take some time (only accus I have right now are 4000+ mAH, even the NimH). At the time to get back into home, the lipo battery wend close to storage tension: which means I still have some run time to experiment, but that will be tomorrow....
If the mod works as expected, I will modify at least a few of the TBLE-02S I have sitting here...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65221

Niice! If it works you should make a thread. I escaped a nice fire in my dt02 some years ago. :D.  (My ezrun esc was trimmed for nimh).

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65226

Ok So today I had a few deliveries, ZX1 extralube, supposed to be good. and the spares I needed for the Lunchbox rebuild and some blue grease. Then I did a few things round the house then I thought I would go up the garage to do some tidying up. As usual I got distracted and thought I would mess with the RC's, I kicked a bag on the floor and it sounded like plastic, when I checked I found 4 monster truck wheels and tyres and a chassis with suspension and steering arms.

Thinking it was a Lunchy chassis I took it out but it looked different.

The wheels didn't look right either.

On further investigation its got Big Bear on the tyres, one is quite deformed so Need some advice how to get it back in shape. 

The chassis has Tokyo Marui so I'm guessing Marui Big Bear.

I really don't have a clue where this came from, I didn't buy it and I don't remember any of my mates having one.

It had a speed controller in the bag too.

Lee

haha I find boxes full of stuff in my shop that I don't remember lol, I restored one of these for a buddy nearly 7 years ago   Can't believe it was that long 
tamiyabase.com/...d?start=20
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65227

Seriously Andy? 7 years ago ? That's crazy. I still had my cj7...
I'm too old :D

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65228

Spent the afternoon making a Traxxas Slayer respectable !! I simply love my 2 speed all wheel drive rocket but the bodies are blah so I decided to bring some class to my Slayer 3.3!!!!!
Attachments:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65229

Got out to the shop for a bit this afternoon and worked on a couple of trucks The first is a Super Black Foot chassis with Monster Racer wheels and a land freeder body, All I really need to do was add the electrics and a motor so now she is ready to run

The 2nd Truck is a King Black Foot chassis with Super Black Foot Wheels and a TPG Monster Racer body and MCI decals, Again it just need some electrics and a motor. I went old school the electrics on this one

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65230

Did a full testing on the lipo cutoff mod with a 22kOhm resistor. It ssems it is way to high, as the Low Voltage cutoff appeared at 7.5V.

It should be fine for what I'm planning to do with the Hornet, but it is far from perfect. Currently looking to see what would be proper value to reach a cutoff at 6.8V
Maybe they change something in the TBLE-02S design with a different resistor instead of the original 33kOhm resistor setup. Will investigate this and will report...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65231

Spent the afternoon making a Traxxas Slayer respectable !! I simply love my 2 speed all wheel drive rocket but the bodies are blah so I decided to bring some class to my Slayer 3.3!!!!! looks like a slash. I Always had problems with mine.
this deco is awesome. Congrats Jim
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65235

Thanks Flo! Makes me feel less guilty about driving a non Tamiya!! LOL 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.