Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66637

A printer is a project. But after a new home a new job and more Space for my mess.... Accessorly a correct pc to print goodies
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66648

@Silvertriple Yes even some of the small stuff takes a long time, Especially if you have a high infill. The lunchbox wheels took over 9 hrs each!
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66651

Well, Lee, to be honest, I knew that already: cut on the Cameo can take some time, here you are multiplying this by the number of layers plus the content as well... So nothing surprising here...
What is more frustrating, is when you get the print at 75% and the dog runs next to the printer, provoking some fresh air wind for a few secs and that your print is detaching itself  ...

I'll move the printer somewhere else at home within the afternoon, before my next attempt. Already made quite some progress compared to the previous infructuous attemps. There is definitely a learning curve...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66653

Yes, I have heard stories about the cat or dog walking past and the tiny wind from that has ruined a print. This is why I got one thats enclosed. I have still had some failed prints but only a few. My friend has built a box for his. It seems to work. 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66655

I've not the enclosure yet. hesitation between plexiglass and other material delayed the purchase. Also did not cleaned the bed with acetone before starting the print, that may be another reason. I moved the printer in a location with better conditions. It should avoid issues with cats or dogs for now. Looking forward to get a proper enclosure. And I expect to do some other mistakes as a beginner...

Launched another tentative print. Will see the result later on. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66656

Good luck, i hope this one prints. 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66657

it did not... 
Seems that moving the printer offset the z. Had to reset it, and it seems to be much better now. Print is now at 50% and it seems to be on good path. Fingers crossed :-D

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66658

After a few (multiple few) hours of trying, debugging and trying to understand the way the printer works, I finally succeed to sort this out, and finally succeed to get a first print

My son is happy because he gets the fox he want to put on his desk, and me because I succeeded to print it. Next step is a bigger fox. Then we'll move to something else, maybe more touchy. But at least, now I have a working printer. The Marui Hunter project did not moved as expected. Print is in progress, I can do something else, but it is near to be dinner time...

And tomorrow is bank holiday, but I have some office work to tackle at least within an hour of my day. Let's see if I can do something tomorrow on the Hunters project...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66659

Today I worked on the montero project. Found a period radio set in my mancave . A first gen sanwa dash in 26mhz with modelud servoand rx. The cells clip was missing. So I did an aq for the tx. And trimmed all for the montero
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66661

I want the Super Hotshot to run today. But I don't want to use the Gold wheels (I decided to keep them for the shelf). I have set of Star dish wheels, but no hex for the Super Hotshot. Launched a print for a set of hex. It will be first practical use of the 3D Printer for R/C :-D. It will be PLA, I assume it is going to be fine for  this use case. I still need to get some alternative filaments (I have a lot of ideas: rims, tires, wings, and other kind of things :-D)

But I need to go back to the Hunter project :-D

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.