Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69352

I don't have a GT3B or GT3C, but I have a GT5. 20 memories seems fine, and largely enough at start, but I must say I'm not sure it's enough. Will come a point soon, where I'll need more :).

And if I had taken a GT3B, I would need already a second one (10 memories only, and I have currently 11 RX paired). It works well, you just have to pay attention to select the right model before starting the RX (specifically with FS-BS6 (and clones) RX), and to pay attention to buy RX with AFHDS2A protocol (FS-A3 for the cheap 3 channel one). GT3B and GT3C use AFHDS2 protocol, and the reasons for my GT5 choice are the number of memories and the possibility to have a gyro included in the RX ( FS-BS6 and FS-BS4).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69356

Only cold and rain here. 

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69357

550 meters on the altimeter: most likely, I'll have opportunity to play in a nice layer of snow over the week-end :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69358

Like it.👍

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69359

So far no snow, but looking at the weather forecast, tomorrow... We'll see.
Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics tomorrow (if my internet connection is still available and if Tamiyabase is alive - I had something to post yesterday, but I can't remember what :-D)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69360

Winter mode was engaged today (studded tires fitted)

On side roads there was almost 5cm of snow, but where there had been cars it was fine.
Even managed some wheelies too.
And before the trip outside I converted the Traxxas Stampede wheeliebar wheels to be rolling on ballbearings (used 630 flanged bearings after drilling the wheels to 6mm)

Forecasted more snow tomorrow.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69362

Hooray!! the site's back up and running. I was getting worried. 
Well we had storm Arwen over the UK, got up at 6am this morning to snow and high winds so no work for me today. I just hope I can work tomorrow. 

I didn't get chance to run the Lunchbox today but I have 4 days off after tomorrow so I may be able to get a quick run in while I'm off.

I'm considering buying a new Lunchbox for my grandson to build and also a Rising Fighter as its super cheap so then he has a buggy and a Lunchy. It's probably not a great model but if he breaks it its no biggie as its the same platform as the hornet / grasshopper so I'm sure I will have parts to fix it.

As for the new transmitter I think 10 memories in the gt3 should be enough for me at the moment. I don't really need more than 3 channels and if I do I can use one of my DumboRC 6ch handsets as they will be freed up. Just deciding where to get it from. Amazon are slightly more expensive BUT no problems if it goes wrong. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69366

Yeahhh very good idea fir your grandson Lee. Mine is still too young. But he should have his lunchy to. 😁😁😁
his mom will kill me...

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69367

Same here Flo, his mom will kill me so I will buy it for here at my house for when he comes to stay. That way its not his to take home. 
Ok im off to work, catch you all later.
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69368

Snow is here. 5 cms and it is still snowing with nice flakes... Lipos are charging 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.