Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74273

@stingray: Love BBQ.... already did it several times this year. I can't live without it during winter time.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74276

Can't wait to do the same here Flo!!

Congrats!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74279

I did a little bit of digging in the 'ol garage today, and actually found my very first transmitter and receiver I used in my Blackfoot in 1987!
A simple and cheap Futaba FP-T2GS, and the darn thing still works! How cool is that, I think I'll use it for the nicer Falcon build that I'll be keeping.

I also came across a 540 motor that I'm not familiar with. I can't help but wonder if it's the motor that came in my Blackfoot?
After I got a Technigold  I never looked back, but no idea what the stock motor was.
This one says "Johnson" and "Hong Kong" on the end, and has a white end bell.

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll hook it up to my Trinity Monster Horsepower Machine and see what she spins. Might be cool for the Falcon, too.

Edit to add: Did pretty well for an old motor:
16,300 rpm @ 7.2V / 1.11A Forward
16,900 rpm @ 7.2V / 1.16A Reverse
19,400 rpm @ 8.4V / 1.04A Forward

Sounds like it - I've certainly had a Clod Buster & a Monster Beetle with the same motor, and they're the same period. TBH I couldn't remember what my Blackfoot had in it without finding a photo, but that did too :)

The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74280

I did a little bit of digging in the 'ol garage today, and actually found my very first transmitter and receiver I used in my Blackfoot in 1987!
A simple and cheap Futaba FP-T2GS, and the darn thing still works! How cool is that, I think I'll use it for the nicer Falcon build that I'll be keeping.

I also came across a 540 motor that I'm not familiar with. I can't help but wonder if it's the motor that came in my Blackfoot?
After I got a Technigold  I never looked back, but no idea what the stock motor was.
This one says "Johnson" and "Hong Kong" on the end, and has a white end bell.

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll hook it up to my Trinity Monster Horsepower Machine and see what she spins. Might be cool for the Falcon, too.

Edit to add: Did pretty well for an old motor:
16,300 rpm @ 7.2V / 1.11A Forward
16,900 rpm @ 7.2V / 1.16A Reverse
19,400 rpm @ 8.4V / 1.04A Forward

Sounds like it - I've certainly had a Clod Buster & a Monster Beetle with the same motor, and they're the same period. TBH I couldn't remember what my Blackfoot had in it without finding a photo, but that did too :)

Thanks man, I really think it must be, it's not like I had a ton of motors floating around back then. Sweet! I'll have to try to clean off the can as it has a bit of corrosion, but I think will be perfect for The Falcon. God knows the Falcon chassis has no business getting a hop up motor! 
IG_tamiyaddiction

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74282

I think that I have a johnson motor on my falcon. I had several monster beetle blackfoot and I think they had the johnson to. Like on my lunch box midnight pumpkins. For the clod I don't remember because very early my dad put 2 AYK magnum motors. And a m&y in our first lunchy.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74294

Preordered the 1990 Toyota Celica GT FOUR  spare body set (51708) in addition to the GT FOUR kit I preordered earlier this month. Both are due in by March.

May do a TA01 tribute with the spare body as I had the 58096 original way back when.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74295

I did that with my m3 e30 . I had a ta01 with blue shocks and I ordered a tt01. I kept the body for the ta.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74301

Sinca i also have a Porsche 914 body or my m-chassis i needed some proper rims.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74305

They look nice.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74324

The emperor*s new clothes...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.