Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74325

I knocked over a shot cup full of cocktail sticks & instinctively tried to stop them falling with my left hand ... I only managed to catch one - by jamming it a 1/4" into the heel of my hand & the palp of my ring finger   

it's the first time I've injured myself like that, but not the first time I've knocked them over - I need to make another anti-tipperoverer ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74326

I knocked over a shot cup full of cocktail sticks & instinctively tried to stop them falling with my left hand ... I only managed to catch one - by jamming it a 1/4" into the heel of my hand & the palp of my ring finger   

it's the first time I've injured myself like that, but not the first time I've knocked them over - I need to make another anti-tipperoverer ...

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by GToddC5.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74327

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74332

Just need some pinions to arrive and finish the electrics for the Vintage Fire Dragon racer to be done Replaced front / rear gearbox housings the rear arms plus shocks all round and fully ball raced, Tourqe tuned motor and DF wheels added plus a rcEVOLogic A5 + B8 alloy kit which is very nice 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74342

A while back I bought a set of used scaler/crawler wheels & tyres on eBay - they were cheap, I liked "steelie" style wheels in general, and I like the overall proportions. When they arrived they were bigger than I expected at 98mm OD, so they got packed away. A few days ago I thought I might like to use them on a forthcoming project - but I noticed two had split on the back.

Today I thought I'd investigate why ... took me a minute, but I realised the wheels were 2.2" and the tyres were 1.9" - note how different a Pajero MTW wheel looks when fitted :D

I guess they didn't fit together that well & the clamping force required to make them appear to match made the wheels let go at a weak point. I looked on eBay for suitable (and cheap) replacement wheels - turns out I could get a set of four, 3-piece black plastic 1.9" "steelies", complete with the same tyres, and foams - for just over 13  GBP posted :blink: 

Next best option was a set of 4 Tamiya Humvee wheels which cost a bit more, and would need harder/bigger foams & gluing. 

I think my new definition of "best option" became modifying the Pajero MTW wheels & finding a cheep/free way to firm up the sidewalls :D

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74368

I took my SLR camera out for a Cracking bit of fun at the track today, A few tamiya vintage fans got out for some hotshot race action…soooo much fun!!!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74369

Wow I'm jealous! I can't think of any track around here that I could go to.

Pics look great!
IG_tamiyaddiction

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74371

I agree those pics looks good and it looks super fun!

There is a track located 30 min away form me but it's ment for modern 1:10 cab forward buggies which is more like 1:8.
But still want to try it sometime if I'm allowed.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74385

I took my SLR camera out for a Cracking bit of fun at the track today, A few tamiya vintage fans got out for some hotshot race action…soooo much fun!!!

Luv the action shots 

A tip for shooting R/C, or any kind of model, is to (where possible) have the subject at eye-level.  Helps give a more natural perspective.... Even if you have to lie on the ground 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74386

Finished up the window details on the Mini Lunchy.  Now in two minds whether to do the chrome with a molotov pen, or chrome/silver paint.  Paint would be the easy option, just less shiny.
And more detailing on the Gasser with the RHS trim strip.  Doing the 'louvered' style trim at the rear seem too hard, so went for bit of a Rat Rod looking weathered approach.
Completely ballsed up the Chevy 'V' logo on the bonnet (child distractions whilst painting, i should learn to put the brush down).  So gotta think how i'm going to fix it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.