Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45155

Stand by for a time. My step mother is leaving the life. :(:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45161

Thank you Jonny. That's never good things. The ardest is for my wife and childrens. Still thanks

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45167

So sorry to hear this, Flo! :(
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45168

Thank you Lars.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45173

The hardest part of life is actually, as you say, leaving it.

But what is it? Cancer? Or how old is she?

We're all going there some day, the best you can do is to be there and be strong.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45176

Thank you Tom. She is old and her heart is tired. I do what I can and try to do more but it is hard. I can't help.
Still thank you to everybody. Your words really help me. That's not the place to say that but I needed it. Thank you a lot. TB is really the best place.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45177

:( goodbye holidays. Back to work. I have 4 hours to sleep:laugh: :sick: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45179

Stand by for a time. My step mother is leaving the life. :(:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that Flo !

All the best for you and you family
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45180

Many thanks Manu.

What did you do today? 6 years 10 months ago #45185

Hey thought I would share a project, No I did not do it all today, I started last weekend and then did the install this past weekend, it sure feels good checking something off the " to do list" I have been ( slowly ) ;) converting a room in the basement into a bit of a display area. It was formerly a bedroom but I had moved my computer in here a while back then started adding some shelves. My sister is referring to it as " The Hudsonian" but lately I have been more serious about it. I am trying to figure out how to maximize my shelving options and still keep a door and a window :laugh: I bought some of the glass tower units from Ikea and recycled one of their wooden modular units from elsewhere in the house too. The big challenge was there is a large double closet along the back wall of the room so I got to thinking about how to add shelves and cover up the stuff I am storing in there too. I came up with this idea :)
I was going to cut this from plywood but my recent experiances with the stuff has left me wondering about the quality of almost anything anymore. When I was younger plywood was flat...:ohmy: people use it for a building surface, good luck with that. Now you need to sort through sheet after sheet at the building supply looking for some that " aren't too bad":( This even went for some of that very thin layered Baltic birch style plywood when I was building the kitchen last year. Very sad indeed. However I noticed they had some pre-sized shelf boards. They are finger jointed " white wood" most likely some sort of Chinese pine ( it was Home Depot after all) but the size ( and price) was good. They are bout 11.5 inches wide and 5/8 inch thick. I say about because even that was not consistant and I had to pick the narrowest one and set the table saw to that and fix the rest :angry: . The back is made from a thin floor underlay about 3/16 or 4mm I guess. I liked it as it was already a red colour on one side with a cool wood grain. So after much cutting and applying a cool blue water based stain I found I ended up with this pile..........

I biscuit jointed the shelves into the sides and let the glue dry.

I then installed my outer frame boards and squared things up a bit. Sorry about the mess...it's a work in progress and that's why I want the doors too ;)

and then added the first door.......

I have 2 hinges on the outer edge and a hidden wheel under the inner side, set on an angle to follow the arc of the door swing.....so far so good......B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:

Last edit: by oldwilly.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.