Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45186

Ok it seemed fine but I thought I should test it out for size.....

I added the second door and the center cover strip :) There is about a 2 inch gap between the doors / shelves to allow them swing open with such a large offset, it took a bit of figuring on the workshop floor.....;)

I got the trim on and thought I would give it a proper try with some more cars.....works good, looks good too..:)

And you can open the doors to get to the parts bins when you need to... :woohoo:

So there you go, problem solved, still have a door and a window, I have more shelves and I still have the closet too. Now I need to work on a solution for the remaining wall......hmmmmm B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45190

Excellent work :y: :) and nice collection B) Just spotted the Nichimo Lotus Europa too :)

What's the X-wing? Looks a bit to small to be a vintage 3.75" scale one, besides which the cannons & R2 are "wrong" for it ... some sort of period snap together kit?

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45196

Nice work! :y:

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45198

Hey Jonny Retro,
Thanks for the positive comments one and all. Yes it's true I also have a thing for big scale car models too, there are more, some built and some un-built stored in other places around the house.... The X-wing is fairly vintage and I will get a picture posted for you when I get home later ( at work now) and perhaps some other spy shots of the room project.....;)
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45199

:woohoo: Yesss lot of picts:y: :y: :y:

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45201

Hey Jonny (and anybody else who was interested) So this is a bit off topic but since you asked.......:)
The old X wing and I have been together for quite some time now and I have gotten friendly with the pilot so I asked if it was ok to give a little tour of his ship ;)
So here we have our rebel pilot and his trusty X wing looking quite well for his age too I my add......

I bit of a birds eye view for the folks at home..........

A shot to show the our pilot at the controls and the working bits... R2's head opens the wings and the button behind closes them again. Also the compartment behind for the 2 power cells ( OK AA batteries ) for the all powerful red light and screeching laser sounds. OK, OK it is a small motor with a gear that rubs a plastic strip to make the dreadful noise, no fancy electronics for this rebel scum....

And as he was flying overhead I managed to snap this shot too.....:silly:

So there it is for all the world to see, it is not perfect or boxed, the stickers are complete but peeling, but I still think it is cool. B) B)

It certainly is not an old snap kit, but you are right they were very small. Also I am not sure what you mean by the cannons and R2 are wrong for it that's the way they came way back then. If you get a chance to see them, most of the early toy ships were fairly under scale, guess it saved on materials, packaging, shipping etc. and heck they were kids toys, we were kids, we did not care......... we had X wing fighters!!! Now we could save the galaxy!!! :woohoo:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45204

:y: I am not a fan of star wars and probably the only one all around the galaxy to have never seen it. But this toy is very nice and fun.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45209

It certainly is not an old snap kit, but you are right they were very small. Also I am not sure what you mean by the cannons and R2 are wrong for it that's the way they came way back then. If you get a chance to see them, most of the early toy ships were fairly under scale, guess it saved on materials, packaging, shipping etc. and heck they were kids toys, we were kids, we did not care......... we had X wing fighters!!! Now we could save the galaxy!!! :woohoo:

I meant they looked "wrong" in your earlier photos where it's out of focus & foreshortened - I've had a couple of these in the past so I'm quite familiar with them - 3.75" scale fugures & ships were sold under the Palitoy brand in the UK, most stuff is pretty much the same apart from a logo or two on the boxes, the major exception being the Death Star -the Palitoy cardbopard versions are quite valuable now :whistle:

I had a lot of figures as a kid, plus the smaller ships, and one exceptional Christmas I got an AT-AT. A lot of other stuff I made for myself, like a really basic TIE Fighter, and a Star Destroyer that was basically a large sheet of fibreboard, cut slightly wedge shaped & sprayed with grey primer one side ... never had a Millenium Falcon until my 30s. I also went in for the offers where you collected proofs of purchase & mailed away - I got the "Troop Transporter" with sounds (via a tiny record) & the display bases that way, also some figures.

I recently got rid of pretty much all my Star Wars stuff - I'd kept the faith even through the awful New Jedi Order novels, retconned original trilogy & the Phantom Menace, the slightly better Attack of the Clones & improving Revenge of the Sith (it plays much better if you look at Hayden Christensen's performance not as wooden, but instead as a really good representation of someone who's a bit of a dick), I finally had enough with The Force Awakens. Tempted to put it all on a pyre, I made some concessions & kept the 1984 & before books, trading cards & figures, everything else I sold. Ironically, Rogue Squadron (while having some deep flaws IMO) rekindled my interest, so I'm glad I kept something. My figures are in more "grown up" display cases, I'll post pics later :)

Going back to the X-wing, pretty sure mine just had the LED lights though, no "battle sound", AFAIK there are at least two versions, the main difference being the back panel is fully moulded detail on the early ones, replaced by a black & white sticker on later models. I know whay you mean about the proportions, there is a much later "correct" scale X-wing & it's far more spindly, about twice as long & much greater wingspan.

:)

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45211

Nice got the same x-wing with pilot. mine also has the sound and light effects.

btw to topic, forgot to bid on this pile of junk. :pinch: :pinch:

02H :cry:

Last edit: by waterbok.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45212

Nice got the same x-wing with pilot. mine also has the sound and light effects.

btw to topic, forgot to bid on this pile of junk. :pinch: :pinch:

02H :cry:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :P
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.649 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.