Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17050

thanks Jonny, new car hasnt arrived as yet, bit of study to do

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17074

Radio gear ... on Modelsport I'd suggest a basic Acoms combo (reciever & transmitter/handset) - this one & their cheapest servo here ..
Alternatively this & this :)

Jonny, Are you resisting the digital age for a reason ;) Good systems an'all but surely nothing on a modern digital unit? And the digital unit only uses half the amount of batteries :y:

Last edit: by dreadly.

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17084

Jonny, Are you resisting the digital age for a reason ;) Good systems an'all but surely nothing on a modern digital unit? And the digital unit only uses half the amount of batteries :y:

The Acoms 2.4 stick set uses 4 AA batteries :huh: ... and how is it _not_ digital? :huh:

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17090

The Acoms 2.4 stick set uses 4 AA batteries :huh: ... and how is it _not_ digital? :huh:

He-he :lol: I see your point. I was referring to your first selection though, the FM unit, my fault for referring to 'systems' :dry:

Incidentally, that e-bay digital Acoms unit is special price of 44.99+pp but further down the add, it states the unit is 38 ? :pinch:

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17091

Recently ordered a 40MHz FM Futaba synthesized transmitter.
Apart from not having a long antenna, I don't care much for 2.4GHz myself.

:evil:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17092

Recently ordered a 40MHz FM Futaba synthesized tranmitter.
Apart from not having a long antenna, I don't care much for 2.4GHz myself.

:evil:

I'm not against them, I have a similar set myself, 40Mhz Acoms, not 27, I just seem to have a nasty habit of snapping long aerials in half :blush: and they take loads of batteries.
The more recent digital units I have been purchasing can handle multiple model memories also and have much more in the way of servo adjustment. And ABS, although I think this feature seem useless personally.

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17100

My main thought was to find a 3-channel Futaba stick transmitter - and I think it has most modern gadgets.
The transmitter itself is synthesized as well so all 40MHz frequencies available and no crystal switching necessary!

B)
The following user(s) Liked this: Crazy

Re: Have a Old Hotshot 1985 in the attic to restore 11 years 4 months ago #17152

Hi guys,

I went with Dreadly's choice of the Carson reflex pro as I have the Acoms original one. Thanks will try the digital route.

Any tips on grease for gears and damper oil. Will other products work?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.