Keyword

TOPIC:

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23050

Pretty sure the fact that Jonny chose a brown one isn't a coincidence. :silly:
I agree on the Japanese market thing... don't think we always completely get the manga-ish vibe. :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23051

Just wonder what your brain would start to look like if you grow up with stuff like this...

:huh:

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23088

Edou, after watching the video (my imagination felt abused) the youth of today certainly do not have it easy. I fail to see entertainment value.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23089

Try contacting this UK eBay Seller (pc-rc-world): myworld.ebay.co...c-rc-world

I recently got some repro vinyl Fox decals from him and they are good. I was lucky, as eBay forced him to pull the listing a few days after he dispatched mine!

Tbh I do not understand why Tamiya are policing repro decal sheets so much - It is not like anyone is taking sales from them because they don't sell vintage decals (shame). Occasionally I get out my imported original NIP vintage Frog decal sheet and remember simpler times when I was t'lad ;)

Maybe if enough TamiyaBase users all e-mailed Tamiya at the same time we could convince them to re-print or leave us alone? :unsure:

Last edit: by 4WheelRC.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23090

Edou, after watching the video (my imagination felt abused) the youth of today certainly do not have it easy. I fail to see entertainment value.

I know, it's just weird as badword. But I would dare to think this isn't the norm anywhere. :S
YouTube can lead to strange places...

4WheelRC, you could have a look at this thread :

Tamiya Inc is coming down on repro decal sellers!

We're all bummed out there isn't better availability.

Last edit: by Edou.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23091

Try contacting this UK eBay Seller (pc-rc-world) ...

I recently got some repro vinyl Fox decals from him and they are good. ...

Really? I had some from him a while back (the same seller, he just keeps creating new eBay profiles) & they were utter garbage - "precut, printed on clear vinyl" turned out to mean poorly printed out on white (including bits that needed to be on clear), really badly cut out & a whole sheet of clear slapped on over the top :angry:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23092

Ya..whats with the vintage sites that glorify the old sheets but offer no way to buy,em? Eat me!

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23093

A vintage site is not a shop. Most of us here will take the effort to create something ourselves if we can't just buy it.
I do not recommend cannibalism.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23094

Try contacting this UK eBay Seller (pc-rc-world) ...

I recently got some repro vinyl Fox decals from him and they are good. ...

Really? I had some from him a while back (the same seller, he just keeps creating new eBay profiles) & they were utter garbage - "precut, printed on clear vinyl" turned out to mean poorly printed out on white (including bits that needed to be on clear), really badly cut out & a whole sheet of clear slapped on over the top :angry:

Okay, let me clarify when I said "they were good": The repro decals were not of an equivalent standard to original Tamiya decals, nor did I expect them to be. But they were a heck of a lot better than I could have created myself, even if I could get hold of decent artwork from somewhere and printed myself on those printable A4 sticker paper packs you can buy (perhaps there is a better way?).

Yes, some appear to be on white, with a clear layer on top, but most are not and look okay - I'd say they were 75% of the quality of originals and for me having "Fox" instead of the daft "NovaFox" is worth the drop in quality as I won't be looking at them from 2" away most of the models life.

I can post a high res. photo of the repro Fox sheet if anyone is interested?

Last edit: by 4WheelRC.

how can i get top quality discontinued decals? 10 years 9 months ago #23096

Until tamiya makes a solid rear axle trailing arm suspension unlimited desert racing truck I ain't interested...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.