Keyword

TOPIC:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26728

It looks like if the steering servo was turned around it would work?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26729

Looks great thanks for a great deal on that stingray looking forward to receiving it :y:

Had a look through the boxes in my attic and have found a new set of silver mini lite wheels that should look nice with this i was thinking of getting some rally block tyres to go on them

Some TB members help me for my resto and now it is at me ;) :y:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26731

Cheers stingray :y: yeah this is a very friendly site people have helped me out a lot on here too. One of the best sites for that kind of thing :y:

Andy thats what i was thinking i may have to reverse the steering servo it had me confused for a while the original kit was an Alpine which is a m02m so im thinking someone has converted it to a short wheelbase at some time in its life and now im changing it back :silly: :blink: :side: :silly:

I wouldnt fancy my chance of locating a longer arm

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26829

I have basically finished rebuilding and ballracing the chassis on this now i have decided after some thought to keep the chassis build completely standard ie as the manual intended. i was going to put an esc in it but it will probably never get used again and will sit on a shelf so i thought that would be a waste and i wanted it built standard if its just for display.

Im waiting on the new body from stingray but need a few small parts to finish the chassis off now as listed below:

1. new rally block tyre set
2. replacement battery clip as im still missing the original (this is the same as the other side of the battery holder just flipped over so i may make a template and try manufacturing one).
3. D parts tree (a shame really as i only need the front bumper off this tree)
4. a new steering tie rod as the one i have is for the shorter version of this chassis measuring 85mm i require a 95-100mm one im not looking forward to trying to locate one of these like a needle in a haystack :cry:

OOPS!sorry wrong pic that my new pet lol :laugh: :laugh:

proper pic :blush:

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26833

i was going to put an esc in it but it will probably never get used again and will sit on a shelf so i thought that would be a waste and i wanted it built standard if its just for display.

I keeped the msc in mine to, I have been running it and it goes supprisingly hard :)

2. replacement battery clip as im still missing the original (this is the same as the other side of the battery holder just flipped over so i may make a template and try manufacturing one)

If you do manufacture 1 make it in alloy and polish :) makes it look like a nice hop up :)

Looking good though mate, looking forward to seeing that body on it :) :y:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26848

Ok I have an option for you :huh: I dug through my steering rod box but couldn't find the length you need :pinch: However I did find a link that I could create 1 from :y: So straightened, polished and put a starter thread on it :) I need to pick up a new die to thread completely but this is yours if you don't have any luck with a replacement :P

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26850

Wow thanks andy that would be a great help i need the length to be 95mm-100mm at most that length is including the threaded end. that one you have looks around 110-115mm which is still a little too long? im visiting a model shop on tuesday so if i dont have any luck with them ill definitely use yours :y:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26856

Sorry for my late send Chris but I had too many work. Now I'm in holidays and the bodyshell go to UK tomorrow :)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26905

Andy i visited Steve Webb Models today in Frodsham near where i live and spoke to one of the staff about the steering rod he made one up for me while i waited and only charged me 78p so i have solved that problem :y: . Great shop carries a good level of stock and the staff are brilliant. Thanks for your help trying to manufacture one for me.

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 3 months ago #27041

Slight update i have managed to get hold of a set of rally block tyres and fitted a new set of Dparts including new front bumper. Just waiting on the new shell now and she is done apart from a new battery retainer but im thinking of using a fast release job on it. Stingray i have tried using the tracking ref you gave me pal but its saying it has too many digits? can you track your end? cheers!!

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.