Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2889

I think this should be a virtual nomination for custom resto of the month... or something like that. ;)...

Ta :)

... Full throttle, I actually think I have read (in certain terms) what colour it will turn out to be...
But I'm not gonna give that away! :lol:

I'm going to have to go back and read my posts - I didn't think I'd mentioned it ... I promise not to delete if it is alredy there ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2890

I
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, full throttle

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2899

Edou wrote "I think this should be a virtual nomination for custom resto of the month... or something like that."

I second the nomination!

Edou wrote "Full throttle, I actually think I have read (in certain terms) what colour it will turn out to be...
But I'm not gonna give that away!"

Edou you are getting just as bad as Jonny.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2904

First of all - cudos on the LED info! :)
Should be a great reference piece to link to if anybody needs to know about this...

The colour I suspect the car to have is not in the text explicitly.
I made a conclusion somewhere on the basis of a clue... :huh:

Sorry @full throttle that I'm making it worse! :lol:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2905

Edou wrote "I think this should be a virtual nomination for custom resto of the month... or something like that."

I second the nomination!

Edou wrote "Full throttle, I actually think I have read (in certain terms) what colour it will turn out to be...
But I'm not gonna give that away!"

Edou you are getting just as bad as Jonny.

Ok, I can definitively state that I haven't let the cat out of the bag at any point in this thread. I can see that from me thinking out loud you might think I was going for red - and from the fact my last seven 1:1 cars have been red, and that two out of my last four project cars have been red ... but no, it's not red. Even though it would look good in red, and if I restore a second Cheetah I'd almost certainly paint it red ...

Edou, If someone was feeling particularly Machiavellian they could I think look up my purchase history from my feedback on eBay & come up with a theory ;)

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2911

Okay, wrong on the red. Feeling like Sherlock Holmes now... :lol:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2922

What I've done in the past with LEDs is connect 2 in series, and power it straight off the battery. I used these:

www.fort777.co....ts_id=2826

And it works perfectly.

Here's my CC-01 Pajero.
Attachments:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2987

What I've done in the past with LEDs is connect 2 in series, and power it straight off the battery. I used these:

www.fort777.co....ts_id=2826

And it works perfectly.

Nice MTW :) ... did you do anything on the back? I've filled the light buckets on the front, it's a shame Tamiya didn't think about doing something on the back, mine is still too shiny to want to drill the back for lights :(

To everyone else - perhaps I should say that what Louisbaby did is a perfectly valid way of wiring LEDs - and explain why it work ...

If you take a look at the specs in the link Louisbaby posted, you'll see the Fv (forward voltage) for those LEDs is 3.0 to 3.6V, 7.2V, divided by the number of LEDs he wired in series (2) = 3.6, handily enough, though I doubt it was coincidence ;)

The way I'll be wiring my LEDs is in parrallel (wire from +ve terminal on battery to anode on each LED, LED cathode to -ve terminal on battery), Louisbaby's series wiring will be a wire joined on the +ve side of the battery to the anode on the first LED, the cathode on the 1st LED to the anode on the second LED, and the cathode on the 2nd LED connected to the -ve terminal on the battery.

My LEDs have arrived, so I've done the first stage of wiring up ...

First off, LEDs don't work if you wire them up backwards, so you need to to know which leg is the anode (positive side), and which is the cathode (-ve side): the -ve side is the shorter led, also indicated by a flat on the side of the encapsulation, the +ve side, well, isn't :D

Ok, so I bent & trimmed all the -ve legs & twisted some black wire to it ...

... and on the other leg (+ve), attached the required resistor, and some red wire to that; clothes peg is there to hold everything together until I solder it ...

... like this ...

... also added some heatshrink insulation ...

... tested each LED ... _ooh, nice lens flare_ :D

... then twiddled the wires for each LED together in a drill:

:)

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #2988

A little more progress: having taken the chassis apart it's apparent why the front suspension would move 1/2way through its range, make a twanging noise & lose its preload - the plastic around the square holes that the torsion bars fit it have cracked ... luckily I have some spares...

... also done a bit of detailing on the winch & body mounted 'roo bar ...

... took a photo of the underguard I made the other day (I've left the protective sheets on for the moment) ...

... and sprayed the clearcoat. Still no clues as to the colour I'm afraid ;)

Attachments:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3012

Hey Jonny
Absolutely love the colour, Black and White it's so modern so now. Will it sport some whisky livery? You're a real sandbag-er.
Marius

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds