Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3020

Nice MTW :) ... did you do anything on the back? I've filled the light buckets on the front, it's a shame Tamiya didn't think about doing something on the back, mine is still too shiny to want to drill the back for lights :(

All I did for the back was drill 5mm holes in the lights and push the LED in the hole. Worked fine, didn't go through all the trouble of cutting out the lights.

And with regards to the LEDs in series, one problem is if one of the LEDs blow, both stop working :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3021

I think it's going to be like a Sandy/Desert color. :silly: That narrows it down to about 100 colors... :laugh:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3022

Hey Jonny
Absolutely love the colour, Black and White it's so modern so now. Will it sport some whisky livery? You're a real sandbag-er.
Marius

I just want everyone to see it in its full glory - which means waiting until it's all finished ... you won't have much longer to wait, probably the weekend :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3026

I actually took a glance at your eBay profile but I think I'll be surprised too. :ohmy:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3027

I actually took a glance at your eBay profile but I think I'll be surprised too. :ohmy:

Yep - that was a red (blue) herring ;)

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3030

a red (blue) herring

Bad Jonny! :laugh:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3046

Jonny
Was that a hint or not? I suppose your answer will be MAYBE.

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3047

Jonny
Was that a hint or not? I suppose your answer will be MAYBE.

It's definitely not red, definitely not blue, and definitely not boxart :)

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3054

Bit of a frustrating couple of days, among other things the clearcoat is still too soft to handle the bodywork, and my fastener & hex driver order had some shortages - like 20 screws I really couldn't do without on the chassis, and all the hex drivers I need to assemble it :whistle: but I have made a little progress ...

Dug up some pukka 6V connectors (I think I may have got these for a Holiday buggy, about 18 months ago ... but as I haven't used them yet it obviously wasn't important), I've now fitted one pair to the vintage battery & the MSC, 1/2 of the other pair will go on an adaptor so I can use a modern 5 cell pack ...

I wasn't intending to polish the aluminium parts, but you know, time on my hands - 45 minutes on my polisher (a bench grinder with the guards removed & heavy duty polishing mops attached - seriously, don't try this at home - although it is most impressive when a bit gets grabbed by the wheel, I only had to chase after 2 bits, but the chunk of Mazak that the gearbox is formed from went approx. 10 metres down the garden...), followed by another 90 minutes with Autosol ...

Finally, I spent a lot of time getting the edges on the "Cheetah" logo right, printouts here are everything I want on the car in various sizes on clear vinyl, and then a few repeated on white vinyl where I thought they probably wouldn't work on clear ...

Attachments:

Re: Cheetah wreck resto 12 years 7 months ago #3078

Those polished parts came out superbly. This thing is going to be totally awesome when it's finished... :woohoo:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.