Keyword

TOPIC:

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 1 month ago #20192

I have to say, although really useful for cheap bodies, Kamtec are a bit slow in the common sense department - they asked me to do that Corrado body & include fitting the separate wing, so they could have some pics on their site showing the body with its wing. It didn't fit, didn't get close to fitting, there was no way of mounting it either (No clues for screw mounts, no tabs for tape, wing was 6mm wider than the body, serious hacking to get it to sit right etc).
I told them about it, thinking it would help their R+D, but they appeared less than happy about it.

Yet, they offer the Frog wing as an item to buy separately?
My Astute body came with its wing, AND the undertray?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 1 month ago #20200

Jonny if you want I have a wing. not top but existing. It need to be cleaned.

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 1 month ago #20309

:woohoo: Hey guys,
Maybe somebody is interested by an other MR?
www.ebay.com/it...0912036400

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 2 weeks ago #20672

Well it's finished ... but although I'm pleased with how the underside of the chassis tub & the lower arms came out, and I'm impressed with the suspension setup & the steering geometry (if not with the linkages), the cab-forward plastic whizzy manga buggy look leaves me a bit cold :(

Attachments:

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 2 weeks ago #20673

Yay, manga-spaceship incoming! Do you know that there was an anime about the tamiya slot-cars?

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 2 weeks ago #20674

Yep its called “Ashita Full Charge" :side:

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 2 weeks ago #20676

That's new to me! I meant "Dash! Yonkuro" but now i saw this:

"To feed on the high popularity of the cars, Tamiya commissioned Shogakukan, a Japanese publishing company, to produce two anime TV series based on the Mini 4WD cars: Dash! Yonkuro in 1989 by Zaurus Tokuda, Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go!! in 1996, Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go WGP, Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go MAX, and finally Let's & Go!! Tamiya, The Movie."

Last edit: by funkindemup.

58087 Manta Ray 11 years 2 weeks ago #20685

Can't make a manga space buggy look much better than that. :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.