Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 7 months ago #52007

Nice body repairs, but I would also be tempted to order a new one for running it, and the other to be perfect for the shelf. However this one looks good so don't crash it :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 7 months ago #52019

If you ordered another body, leave this one lik it is. And make the new one perfect. ;)

Haven't ordered anything yet due lack of funds.

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 7 months ago #52022

Nice body repairs, but I would also be tempted to order a new one for running it, and the other to be perfect for the shelf. However this one looks good so don't crash it :)

I will order a new body for the shelf and decals for both bodies when funds allows.

Wheels are skimmed, turned out good for my first try.
Had a go with some light polishing as well.
Found some useable front tires after a good bath.
And some worn rear ones, just so it don't looks so naked.

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52311

Finally got round to start on the rebuild of the shocks today.

But the front bladder seals broke while testing.
Is those the same as the green ones I've seen on ebay for the CVA Mini shocks?

And and it has be hitting me the front is sitting a bit high.
So I took a measurement and they are 87mm ones.

Listed as spare parts on this site under Falcon, it shows #50305 which are CVA Short ones at 77mm, I guess my Falcon has wrong spec shocks fitted then...
CVA Short II are listed as 80/87/95, but those are black, yes?

What are difference in only Short, and Short II shocks?

Is there any re-re's that have the same length yellow ones as fitted to the Falcon up front?

Before I take the rear ones apart, what length should these be from factory?

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52314

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Those wheels look great, they look like new. I just went back to the beginning of the build and boy this car has come a long way.
Great restoration.

Re:Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52318

These are the ones from my Falcon.

Short 84mm, Long 104mm
Damper Bodies measured top lid, bottom cap.
44 & 54

Sent using Tapatalk

Re:Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52320

I got spare original front bodies think those came from a Manta Ray
Here is a pic of the original rubber thingie

Sent using Tapatalk

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52321

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52324

Those wheels look great, they look like new. I just went back to the beginning of the build and boy this car has come a long way.
Great restoration.

Thank you very much :y:

Must be doing some right then? :laugh:

With new decals I hope it to look even better.

Re:Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #52325

These are the ones from my Falcon.

Short 84mm, Long 104mm
Damper Bodies measured top lid, bottom cap.
44 & 54

Thank you :y:

Is the length measurement the length in total or center to center of eyelets?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.