Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67739

You did well to get the wheels & tyres changed and back on the car before that silly snake ate them :silly: 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67740

• caprinut
  • caprinut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away

You did well to get the wheels & tyres changed and back on the car before that silly snake ate them :silly: 

Huh?

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67743

Yeahhhh pretty nice wheeles richard. Can't wait to see this capri on road. It's awesome. 

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67746

Huh?

Also spotted elsewhere ...

;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67748

• caprinut
  • Away
Aha!! Haha..

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67849

• caprinut
  • Away
This weekend was our annual Capri Club meeting.

Due lack of wellness and energy the two weeks before this I did not get it completed.
But several came by and snapped some pictures.

There was also one attending the meeting which had a real Zakspeed replica on a trailer.
It is about half built and is a late model Mustang chassis with Capri body fitted to it.
Will be twin turbo V8 powered and might get road legal at some point, which will make this the most bad a$$ Capri in Norway.

And from the club I received this expensive diecast 1:18 Minichamps racing Mk1 Capri as I stepped down as webmaster for the club.
I has also attending these meetings every single year for 25 years.

I had a great weekend btw and felt better than I had for a while.
Late as Thursday it seemed unlikely that I would be well enough to be there.
Luckely it turned around for me and I was able to enjoy myself and talking to friends.
65 Capris was a very good attendance as well. espcially since it was raining most of Friday.

I hope you had a great weekend too!

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67850

Congrats Richard.  The capstang looks interesting. And street légal...  That's awesome.
Your zakspeed had its place here . :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67867

• caprinut
  • Away

Congrats Richard.  The capstang looks interesting. And street légal...  That's awesome.
Your zakspeed had its place here . :y:

Thank you very much Flo!

Some may notice I did cut the body posts before the pictures from the meeting.
I used a mini tube cutter to get a clean cut.
Today I sanded the remains of the slot from the bodypin hole and then used a pencil sharpner to round of the body post.

I left a extra hole if the body needs to be lifted while driving.

Might get it up and running this week if my health allows...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67876

I'm glad you cut the posts down. I know its a model but I think these models with 3 inches of body posts sticking out looks horrible. What you have done looks much neater and better.

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Last edit: by jord001.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67885

• caprinut
  • Away

I'm glad you cut the posts down. I know its a model but I think these models with 3 inches of body posts sticking out looks horrible. What you have done looks much neater and berrer.

Lee

I tend to cut them down, unless I have a chassis that I body swap on regular basis.
Guess I need to invest in some body posts for several of my kits.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.