Keyword

TOPIC:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53081

Just a few more pics of the chassis...almost done. Just missing the radio box.

I'm actually still working on the plastic bumper parts i filled in and painting.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Manotas.

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53083

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Manotas, that HiLux looks amazing. Just wondered the leaf springs they don't look original ?? If not do you know what they are from and do they have a bit more give in them. The ones on the Hilux I'm trying to put together are really stiff. I wanted to fit the optional SRB shocks, but can't imagine they'd do anything apart from look nice.
Cheers Al
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53088

Just wondered the leaf springs they don't look original ??

Hi Al,
That's a good question. I'm tempted to say that they are but having a comparison with my Blazing Blazer the ones on the Blazer are not black but have an unpainted look. I will need to check this with my donor Hi-Lux. Thanks for pointing that out.

The ones on the Hilux I'm trying to put together are really stiff. I wanted to fit the optional SRB shocks, but can't imagine they'd do anything apart from look nice.

You're right, the leaf springs of the Hi-Lux and B Blazer are really stiff and i don't think that the shocks do anything else besides looking nice.

I will check this starting next week and keep you posted.
Manotas

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53089

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Hi Al,
That's a good question. I'm tempted to say that they are but having a comparison with my Blazing Blazer the ones on the Blazer are not black but have an unpainted look. I will need to check this with my donor Hi-Lux. Thanks for pointing that out.

The ones on the Hilux I'm trying to put together are really stiff. I wanted to fit the optional SRB shocks, but can't imagine they'd do anything apart from look nice.

You're right, the leaf springs of the Hi-Lux and B Blazer are really stiff and i don't think that the shocks do anything else besides looking nice.

I will check this starting next week and keep you posted.
Manotas

Hi Manotas,

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the Hilux chassis, but have been acquiring loads of parts recently. My Hilux will be original, but as is the way with this hobby, I'm now on my way to having enough bits to put a Blazer ( of sorts together, maybe compromising on the body shell at this point ).
But I want to put softer suspension on it. I've heard of people using leaf springs from the High Lift and from the 1/14 scale trucks. So just wondered if these leaf springs are from one of those.
Cheers Al

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53090

Hi Al,

I can remember during the rebuild of this Hi-Lux that the suspension remained very stiff. Assuming the leaf springs i have installed are not the original ones, it changed nothing on the suspension stiffness.
I have a Bruiser waiting for a resto and i will give it a try installing them on the Hi-Lux chassis...and see what happens.
I will also compare the overall lenght of both springs and take comparison pictures....just be patient please. ( I'll be back starting next week )
Manotas

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53221

Well i had a closer look at the leaf springs and compared them amongs others 3 speeds. You spottet it well, the ones i installed on my Hi-Lux are ones of the Bruiser/Mountaineer....i guess i was a bit distracted during the assembly.

Anyway i replaced them with the correct ones. Here a small comparison between the Hi-Lux/Blazing Blazer and Bruiser/Mountaineer ( black ones )

Also started working on the radio box, cleaned and polished it

Attachments:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53222

Started the assembly of the front guard once this painted

Polished the Alu parts

And assembled everything

I still need to replace the moto rubber cover...I already ordered one and it should be arriving this week

Also installed the radio box with the servo holders. Unfortunately i had no more vintage servos, well i do have some but i want to have exactly the same ones so i will need to order some.
Attachments:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53223

Attachments:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53224

Ok, the mechanical part is almost done, the only thing missing are the servos and the motor rubber cover.

In the meantime i started working on the body

Giving the body a DOT bath, the paint came off really good !

Attachments:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 4 months ago #53225

Started to fill in the holes made by the previous owner

Sanded and primered

Painted all the parts

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.