Keyword

TOPIC:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69577

Exceptional JR 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69579

Looking real nice!

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69582

Absolute realism! Outstanding job Johnny.  (As usual!)

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69660

I've made an attempt to tidy the lighting wire in the two cabs, the bundles will be shortened & merged.

The front drive wiring will need some taming with cable ties but at the moment I don't really want to not have everything easily unpluggable.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69685

I've reached the point where I really had to fix the front cab to the chassis to get any further, I should be able to get the RX, UBEC and light switch module in the original raised platform & zip tie the rest back enough to get good enough access to the battery.  

I'd forgotten that the RX controlled light switches I'd bought way back in May 2010 were dual channel, the number off times you turn it off and on again on the TX (tedious with a rotary pot, as on the FlySky FS-CT68). According to the various eBay listings of the same thing, the sequence is:

2-way output off -> A-way output open, B-way output off -> A-way output off, B-way output open -> 2-way output are open -> two-lamp breathing burst mode -> 2-way output off ... ...cycle

but I found it to be:

both channels off -> A on, B off -> A off, B on -> both on -> both fast flash  -> both very fast flash -> both off -> back to start

Two things there, there are two completely "off" settings in there, and the undocumented very fast flash becomes a migraine and/or epilepsy inducing strobe when one of your lights is a 9-superbright LED bar :blink:  

I also found that the ESC work regardless of the switch position, the PO used one of the original SPDT switches, but wired it wrong - it's perfectly possible to get it right, but all 4 wires are black :whistle: I'm going to extent the wires & mount a DPDT slide instead so it'll be much harder to get wrong ;)

The front cab will work on it's own now (although the left track spins a lot faster, so that will need investigating, could be as simple as dual rate engaged on one of the sticks, but I've had enough for the time being), but it dragging a load of wires behind it.

Pinout for those wires (this is for my future benefit ;) ) is:
     F1     Left track motor +ve
     F2     Left track motor -ve
     F1     Right track motor +ve
     F2     Right track motor -ve
     T1     Lighting "A" circuit +ve     
     T2     Lighting "A" circuit -ve     
     T3     Lighting "B" circuit +ve     
     T4     Lighting "B" circuit -ve     
"F" & "T" are Fat & Thin :)

Pinout for the RX (also for my future benefit) is:
     BAT    _+-    (n/a)            UBEC
     CH6    S+-    Left pot.        light switch
     CH5    S+-    Right pot.        Blade servo
     CH4    ___    (L/R on left stick)    n/a
     CH3    S+-    UD/on left stick    Left Tracks ESC
     CH2    S+-    (U/D on right stick)    Right Tracks ESC
     CH1    ___    L/R on right stick    n/a

// using TB as my personal notepad ends ;)

In other news, the pine ladder/stretcher arrived & I have already got one coat of stain on :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69711

Cab one almost done,
Still waiting on that slide switch.
Wires will be tidied.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69717

Oohhhh I love it. 

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69721

Also made some gates (from pinseal finish black ABS sheet, which may not have been the best choice :whistle:) for the TX sticks - I could have left the sticks free, but from the original test drive I remember that it just confused things to be trying to steer by moving the sticks sideways :D

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69728

Whatever works jonny, Did you put the reflective tape on the willy helmet too ? 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69733

Whatever works jonny, Did you put the reflective tape on the willy helmet too ? 

yep :) it's disappointing most of the time, but is very bright when you get the right angle :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.