Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 2 weeks ago #74987

A slightly darker red and you could do Dana's shoes as a pair of "Cherry" Doc's.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 1 week ago #75041

Leather shoes is on!
I simply painted them with smoke over the XF red. Seems to work.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 3 days ago #75103

Some arty farty pics from the scale garage..

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 1 year 3 days ago #75105

I love them. Congrats Richard 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 4 weeks ago #75638

Got a 1/87 scale Peterbilt 379 in the post today.
Plans might involve a stretch, styrene custom build and trailer down the line..

Forgot to mount the mirrors in the first picture...

Replaced the Scania for now

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 4 weeks ago #75643

Nice one.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 1 week ago #75835

Really should fix my real car, but was not in the mood for that today.

Instad my I was in the mood for modding my 1:87 Peterbilt truck for my scale garage.

First I lowered the truck by 1.5mm or so.
Sounds easy, but was a bit of work.
Front easy enough, grind away the lower part of the axke and pop out the axle with wheels. Glued in place when I got the hight I wanted.
Rear was harder as I had to cut the axles pins to remove them from the moulded axle housing and suspeension.
Then I removed the old axles and drilled the wheels to 2mm to fit a 2mm brass rod as axle.
Next I englarged the holes to make the 2mm axle to fit (orginal was 1mm), then I made the holes oval so the wheels would sit higher in the chassis.
This was the result.

Next I wanted to stretch the chassis.
Cut off the rear bumper, then the suspension bits and then cut off the chassis behind the head rack.
Made 40mm styrene bit to replace the orginal 29mm lengt chassis.
Glued that in and then reglued the suspension.
Some of the suspension failed so I need to make something myself later.
Fitted the rear bumper and made a new mounting piece for the fifth wheel.

Back in the garage. Also refitted the mirrors.

Yeah it is tiny!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 1 week ago #75836

Where is the remote for the little guys? Your work is so much detailed that I'm searching for it on the pics and I can't see it...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 1 week ago #75837

Where is the remote for the little guys? Your work is so much detailed that I'm searching for it on the pics and I can't see it...

Thank you very much for the kind words my friend!
I do indeed need to make remotes for these!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 9 months 1 week ago #75845

Today I started on the car hauler trailer.
Mine will be based on Cottrell EZ5307XL, like this 

Had to rethink how I wanted to build this.
My selection of styrene is limited atm and for this small scale, most is too big.
But I ended making a base plate I build of,
And I have to buy another Scania to rob the rear tires from as I have only one twin axle to my disposal right now.

Length is 268mm, in real world this would be 23.3 meters long. 
Actually within norwegian road train rules which is max 24.5m. But the trailer is not legal itself as 16.3m aka 53ft as semi trailers here is only 17.5m max with both tractor and trailer combined.
Just pretend it lives in a US miniatyre world lol 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.