Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66451

A mini jeep village
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Lemsko, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66460

I wonder if Jonny is hiding his smurf workers, as he deffo has a mini factory going on 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66469

All heads sanded ...

All bodies & arms sanded, Cheep Jeep partially dismantled so I could use it to align the arms correctly ...

Repeated 7 more times (and put the car back together):

I need to mask the bodies on the freestanding figures before priming (and wait for the rain to stop).

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66470

so cool and soo cuuute
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66514

There's been a lot of rain over the last few days, and the weather forecast for today (and the following week) was pretty grim ... but it's been drier than expected (sometimes even sunny) so I cracked on while I had the chance...

White & Grey Plastic primers early morning:

Satin Black, Clear, Aluminium Coat & Chrome Look this afternoon:

... along with airbrushed 2:1 X4 Blue & X2 White. I had to split half the NOS bottles onto another holder - the second batch are visibly darker :whistle: 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66516

The light cover band looks like an Octopus arm. :P. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66555

paint me a wily willy m38 body looks great mate super jonny
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Driver Figure Painting for Dummies 2 years 11 months ago #66573

Painting on the accessories  is going to be a bit basic - there are a lot of them to do & if I'm going to sell any, making them as generic/box art as possible will probably help. 

NOS bottles got a dab of  of X-11 Chrome Silver and XF-85 Rubber Black, the DIY transfers (which I originally made for the Willy nativity scene) turned out to be really oversized for this application, but I'd cut them all out before I checked the fit & I wasn't going to delay things by making any more:

I previously stated the NOS Bottle Blue I mixed was 2 parts x-4 Blue, one part X-2 White: completely wrong. I tried making another batch & no matter how much or little white I added, it was never going to come out right, it was just too "powdery" looking, more like Wedgewood pottery. Only when I started adding X-14 Sky Blue and X-23 Clear Blue did it start to look better. I think I might start with just those two colours next time.

I've never been too clear on what you're supposed to do with the headlights - the manuals seem to suggest the surround should be "body" colour, so these got two coats of XF-62 Olive Drab, which dries a much darker and greener shade than the cap & colour guides suggest:

Winches got some Chrome Silver on the fairlead rollers, XF-16 Flat Aluminium on the cable reel, and X-19 Smoke to detail the reel, cable & hook:

Gearsticks got XF-85 Rubber Black and XF-69 NATO Black, steering wheels 2 coats of Flat Aluminium:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.